Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Moving blues...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Moving blues... Next Topic  

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  3:42:52 PM  Show Profile
Do you ever have those moments where all the 'can do, self-relient, invincible' farmgirl attitude just melts away and you want to sit and sob with a box of tissues in one hand and a box of chocolates in the other??

*sigh* I'm definitely having one of those moments...I'm FINALLY moving for good in two and half weeks (or so the plan goes right now). And the excitement has bubbled down to this freak out mode instead of enthusiasm...

I don't know ANYBODY over there -- my bf isn't going to be over there for another couple months. And I don't want to leave the people I know here, I'll miss them!! --->> insert sobs and hiccups <<---

Uprooting is a daunting task, and it's getting the better of me this evening...

Oh well...such is life. I am grateful for this, it's a good change, and things are working out nicely, but it's just a HUGE change. I'm sure things will look better come tomorrow...

Anyway, just rambling...

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  3:48:08 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jodi...I can tell you, having moved, and having friends that moved...that EVERYONE has these feelings. Trust me, it's much easier to stick with the familiar, warm fuzzy feelings of things and people we know...and it's ok to feel these things.

I don't know if it's helpful at all, but I always think of the excitement of meeting new people, learning about them, and learning about my surroundings. The world is full of possibilities, and you have the potential to make your mark in a totally different and new spot. If nothing else, you have your old, familiar online farmgirl friends to root you on

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  3:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
My farmgirl friend, I have lived in 14 places in 10 years..you will be alright!!! Just pace yourself and remember, this is a new adventure full of exploration and time to really find out who you are. My first few times I was on my own and moving, I was TERRIFIED but I found the local coffee shop or favorite store, whatever makes you feel comfortable and soon it was like home to me. If you need just to vent, drop me a email. I have been there done it many many times and each time, I know I grow stronger and more resilent and that is the true Farmgal spirit!! (((HUGS)))

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  6:35:50 PM  Show Profile
Jodi, Sorry you are so down I have moved a couple of times but just around here so i cant imagine how you feel to be going somewhere you dont know people. I will be praying for strength for you in the coming days. Hope all goes well, Karen

Create in me a pure heart,O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Psalms 51:10 http://farmgirlingastyle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2008 :  7:12:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh honey...I know how you feel for sure. I have been uprooted more times that I can tell ya. I hate moving so much!! I wish I were there to help you pack..I am practically an expert. I hope you find a fast friend right away and that things go reallys smooth. I will sure keep you in my prayers. Where is it you are moving?? We will have to see if there are any farmgirls nearby..you never know. Every farmgirl I have met in person has been wonderful.
Hang in there!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2008 :  09:40:00 AM  Show Profile
I do love my farmgirl friends...you're always there when I need you! Thanks SO much for your support and encouragement, it means the world. Too bad you all don't live in Walla Walla -- I wouldn't be worried about moving at all! I am feeling a bit more positive about it today, I gave notice at work a couple hours ago, so the "final" feeling is settling in. I have most of my things moved to the house, the final uprooting is the painful part, though. The set move date is July 10th! I think I'll get a map and mark all the places I want to visit on the map, and hang it on a wall...as I visit the new places, I'll be able to see the area of town I'm getting familiar with, and hopefully I'll meet some new people, too. I think there's an antique mall somewhere there... that's at the top of the list!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  07:12:24 AM  Show Profile
You will do just fine. I know all about the movin' blues, been there too many times. Take care and know that you have a big circle of farm girl sisters to turn to when you need us (((Hugs)))

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  07:25:30 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Jodi,
been there.. the emotion is normal.. and "yes" you can always go home again, as I have discovered... We have moved a lot and every time I go through what you have described, but my life is richer for it.....

And anyway... I promise I will come and do the coffee thing and help get you "re-potted".. Promise!!!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  6:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Having just done this I can tell you that everything you are feeling is totally normal. About 4 days before I left WA I thought I was going to have a major meltdown. I hate moving!! The older I get the more I hate it. Now I'm in a brand new place and I keep thinking what if I'm here and don't make friends. What if I just sit home alone all the time? I think that's normal too.

Just take a deep breath, make lots of lists, and know that it will be ok.

Hugs,
Kay

Handmade Soap and More! - http://www.therusticcottagebath.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2008 :  7:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Kay, and how are you adjusting? Are you loving your new life?

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Moving blues... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page