Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 ANNE DOLL, CHILDS ROCKER,BA-ZILLION TRANSFER
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic ANNE DOLL, CHILDS ROCKER,BA-ZILLION TRANSFER Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  1:29:01 PM  Show Profile
Went to garage sales and yard sales this morning, then we took all the little ones strawberry picking. They got a little carried away and I had to get 10 pounds of strawberries ready for freezing or eating.
Anyway got some nice things, NO MARBLES YET. I did get four huge books of iron on transfers. So I will test them out and see if they work good then if any of you want me to send you some sheets I will.
Love my little Anne doll and the child's rocker was my best find today.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  1:47:49 PM  Show Profile
I knew! You've been awfully quiet so I figured you were out there grabbin' up stuff! How do you do it? I thought things were expensive out east....evidently not....is that just a rumnor to keep the rest of us from coming out there? You get the best deals of anyone I have ever known and such lovely things...no junk! I can get things fairly cheap down here but I don't find deals like you get...you should get some kind of reward!
And the Anne doll....GET OUT! How could you swing such a deal...it's her 100th anniversary....how could they sell that so cheap? It's perfect..looks brand new! Are you the only smart one out there? ( Although you were looking for your marbles yesterday.) I declare girlfriend.....if they still had "Let's Make A Deal" on t.v. you would have walked away with it all. Great finds and fresh stawberries to boot! That's a great day!
Mine was not nearly as exciting...watered, fertilized, sprayed deer/rabbit repellent and so now I stink. Cleaned up the house and some cat vomit...she's old...what can I say and that's about it....oh..hung some curtain rods and put some decorative items out in my flower bed. Boy...when I write it down like that I realize what a boring and uninteresting person I am...ouch!
No wonder I live alone...it's all becoming crystal clear now....

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  2:27:41 PM  Show Profile
The little girl is so cute
Love the red hair and hat
The little rocking chair
I still have mine when I was a little girl rocking my baby
Strawberry pickin
I remeber that too going with Mom
we don't do it now ; because neighter of us could get up from stooping down Ha. pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2008 :  3:36:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy Jo, You must have the best yard sales anywhere, what a lovely collection of treasure. I would paint the chair and maybe put little flowers and leaves. Children's furniture is so sweet. Somewhere, probably in the barn, I have my Danish great grandmothers little rocker. Black spindles and a cane seat, it is wobbly but very sweet.

I noticed a few days ago that a church nearby was having a yard sale today, so I made a mental note to try to get to that one.And I* knew the ladies were holding a rummage sale at the grange in a little town not far from me....my plans went a bit awry, first I overslept and didn't get up until 11 o'clock. I was feeling pretty good, I guess I needed some sleep, it has been a very long week here. I raced into town to go to hte bank to get a little yard sale dough, then I went to the church yard sale, nothing left but baby clothes and toys so I figured, well, I'll go to the grange, maybe I'll find something there.
As we pulled into the little town of Brooks, I noticed a sign on an old store building that read: STORE OPEN. It seemed to be talking to me. My daughter stayed in the car and I went to the store, only first I fell down the granite steps. That was not fun, I eventually found my feet and entered the store. A large grizzled old man was holding sort of a huge sale of his late mother's things. Things like a little cardboard bos with 5 or6 old packages of rickrack, 15 cents for the lot. I found a swweet little glass pie plate for 5 cents, etc, lots of little bits and pieces , none more that 25cents, oh I never should have gone in there. There was a huge old New Home sewing machine, priced at $3.75, it wasn't just one of those old black machines, it looked like it had been recently found in a coal mine. Even if I could pick it up, I really didn't need it so I hope some bodybuilders or professional wrestlers have a hankering for an ancient sewing machine....The only distressing part was his mother's old girdles, 10 cents apiece. I told my daughter aobut that, it seemed sort of awful to me to try to sell someone's old underwear. She just laughed and said " Well if he sells ten of them he can buy a scratch ticket." Sad, but true.

Then with just moments to spare I headed for the grange. I went in and a woman told me they were packing it all in in aobut twenty minutes but to come on in and take my time. And I did. I got an old wooden sleeve board, an old clothesline thingie made of wood, it was usesd to wrap your clothesline on for some unknown reason. I found 3 of my favorite kind of potholders, many goofy little cooking pamphlets , several nice dishes .
Then i came home, took my pain medicine and I've been enjoying sitting still and sewing ever since.
Ten pounds of strawberries sounds great. My tiny patch is just starting to produce a few red berries. It has been a long time since I've gone picking, that is always a fun thing to do, especially if you've got willing help from some young ones.
Oh dear, blathering again, I'll blame it on the pain pill. So nice to have some sun today! Even the few sprinkles we got seem to have quit for the day......Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  09:34:23 AM  Show Profile
Karin,
Seems to me staying in an upright postion for you is an on going job. I worry about you!! I want to get in that garage storeroom you have and see what is in there. Maybe we shoulf get that little childs rocker you were talking about into the house.
What have you been sewing?
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  10:10:11 AM  Show Profile
'''WELL I DID HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY YESTERDAY TO FINISH SOMETHING I'D BEEN WORKING ON, A L;ITTLE SOMETHING FOR JACK AND DAVE, SO I'LL POP THAT IN THE MAIL TOMORROW. NOW I HAVE TO GET TO WORK ON SOME SMALL THINGS TO PUT ON ETSY AND IN A LOCAL QUILT STORE. I'M THINKING LITTLE NEEDLE ROLLS THAT MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME TO MAKE YEARS AGO. THEY'RE SMALL AND CUTE AND CAN BE FINISHED , THAT IS THE ONE THING THAT SLOWS UP MY SEWING , I GET LURED INTO ANOTHER PROJECT BEFORE I FINISH THE ONE I'M WORKING ON. TODAY THE SUN IS OUT, MY SON IS COMING OVER LATER TO HELP WITH A FEW THINGS, THAT WILL BE NICE. AND I'M GOING TO GO CHECK MY TINY STRAWBERRY PATCH...I'M HOPING FOR A HANDFUL TODAY.
I JUST REALIZED IF I WRITE IN CAPITALS I CAN SEE WHAT I'M DOING ON HERE....LIVE AND LEARN. I FORGOT TO SAY HOW ABSOLUTELY SWEET YOUR ANNE DOLL IS. I GREW UP READING THOSE BOOKS, AND HER EMILY BOOKS AS WELL. I REREAD THEM EVERY FEW YEARS.
I HOPE THE SUN IS OUT IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS TOO...

KARIN

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

Edited by - electricdunce on Jun 22 2008 10:11:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  10:20:48 AM  Show Profile
Jack and Dave are very excited. How very nice of you to think of them.
What is a needle roll?
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

annefannie
True Blue Farmgirl

60 Posts

Ann
Corona California
USA
60 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  1:42:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy Jo, I stop by garage sales all the time and I never find such great deals like you have! But then again I am in Southern California.....
Love, Ann

Anne Fannie
Farm Girl # 189
http://annefannie.blogspot.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5669677
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2008 :  4:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Anne Fannie,
Love that name. Just checked out you blog, I will bring you a present from one of the sales to your tea party, and maybe a little some for the turtle too.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic ANNE DOLL, CHILDS ROCKER,BA-ZILLION TRANSFER Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page