kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  9:29:52 PM  Show Profile
I didn't realize that it has been so long since I've been on the board. Lots to catch up on. I've been away...well that "dream job" that I was wanting didn't work out so now I'm unemployed again desperately looking for work. Tomorrow will be my 5th interview this week. I'm so ready to get to work! The other place didn't work out because I had a boss that was rather rude from the minute I walked in and she "forgot" to tell me about a training I needed to go to. Anyways, I'm off to looking for better things. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as this has been extremely stressful time.

I've been working with our county fair all week, so that's kept me busy as well. Two more days and that's it...woohoo!

I'll take a peek in the morning to catch up on things with everyone. I hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend!!

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com

Edited by - kydeere40744 on Jun 19 2008 9:44:18 PM

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  9:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jessica, I am so sorry that the job didn't turn out. But believing for an even better one.
Glad to see you again.
Carol Sue

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  04:13:06 AM  Show Profile
Jessica that lady dont know what she has just missed, you will find another sweetie and she can go to thunder, You do have a job for the 12th Love you and chin up there is something just around the corner Love ya

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  04:39:16 AM  Show Profile
Hey Miss Wilam...you're an early riser too I see!
Jessica, We are all "rootin" for you and sometimes "dreams" don't come true because it wasn't as "dreamy" as we imagined it to be. There is something better around the bend. I've been down that road myself and discovered that worrying was not trusting and the minute I refused to give in to worry and kept busy and trusted in the Lord things started happening...great things! So don't lose faith, we know there are better days ahead for you. you're a treasure and don't you forget it! Hang in there Sweetie!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Ga Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2355 Posts

Karen
Meansville Ga.
USA
2355 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  05:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Jessica, Im new here but have fastly fallin in love with all these great farm gals. just wanted you to know I will be praying that you will find a great job, that you will enjoy and soon! I know how stressful it can be when your ckbook is not full enough when those monthly bills roll in. So dont give up better things are just around the corner! Love ya, Karen
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  07:26:26 AM  Show Profile
"Poop on her..." as the little girl I used to watch (Jill, from Henderson, KY), would say...

Jess, I'm glad the fair is occupying your time and you can think of other things for a bit...this job market stinks, but I'm pulling for you. I just know there is something out there for you..

Wanted to tell you that the photo you're using for your myspace is wonderful. Submit it to something, ok?????

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  09:38:00 AM  Show Profile
Girls ya'll bring tears to my eyes with your kind words. I went to an interview this morning and for once, I felt really excited and felt right at home with the company and the people I was around. One of the ladies came back into the room and said that they really liked my personality and background. Plus, it is in the trucking industry and I'm extremely familiar with the terms and environment. My dad, grandparents, and several uncles are truck drivers. It has alright pay (but heck, it is better than what most are offering), there is a chance to grow, and there are good benefits. They said that they want me to come in for a second interview and will call me to schedule it.

Jonni...thanks for the kind words on that photograph. I've had several to ask who the police officer was. That is actually Enos from the Dukes of Hazzard. That little boy was standing at the corner of the stage and they brought him up there. The folks on stage said that he had tears in his eyes because he was a huge DoH fan and wanted to meet him. We didn't know that he was going to give him a hug and I just so happen to have my camera to capture it. There are a few other photos that I've taken this week that I'm so glad that I was at the right place at the right time.

Needless to say, I've been working my butt off on applying for jobs with at least 10 different job websites, local papers from our town and all the neighboring towns, going to staffing agencies, and then some. I have talked with former employers to "stay in touch" and to give them a heads up that people may call them for a reference. So hopefully the job today will fall through and it will be a great opportunity for me.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  3:35:48 PM  Show Profile
Jessica, I'm sorry the job didn't work out, but it sounds like the interview today is promising. I'll be sayin' a prayer for you.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2891 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2891 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  7:21:25 PM  Show Profile
Jessica
I met you at Burlington with Jonni & all of the other Farmgirls!! I just loved your enthusiasm for your fair & you have such an honest sweetness about you; you will have no problem getting a job. Keep that pretty chin up; it will happen soon!
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  11:00:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jessica! I am so sorry that those jobs did not work out ... but I am a very strong believer that the BEST job is just out there waiting to find you. Stay positive and keep moving forward. There are wonderful things awaiting you!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic It's been a while... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page