Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  11:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Got some cute things today, they already have a home. Oh the things I have to leave at the thrift. And three more months of garage sales. yipes!! But not to worry, I move things along. Things I got at some point that I don't like as much as the new I give away to a charity and some to friends and family. So that keeps it under control. Not to say that I haven't given things away that I wish I hadn't. But I really thnk about what I bring home now, do I have a place for it and do I really like it.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  11:50:56 AM  Show Profile
WTG Nancy :) I love Thrift shopping too... I haven't been in a while...I'm always on the hunt for "sunflower stuff" for my kitchen,...it is so fun :) We have a new big Goodwill store in Carson...I found some really neat little stuff as well as some shirts for work...One of my other favorite stores nearby is Called Second Hand Rose...cool name huh?

home with all my heart :)

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

sugarplum
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

RoseMarie
MS
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  12:02:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Nancy Jo, I must say you've found some good junk uh treasures this week. I'm going this afternoon or maybe I could just come to yur house and shop. HEHE We are diffently partners in crime.

Hugs, RoseMarie

www.sugarplumcottage.blogspot.com

www.sugarplumcottage.etsy.com

"I try to balance my life, barefoot and with a cookie in both hands"
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  12:40:30 PM  Show Profile
Is that a pomander, Nancy Jo? I couldn't quite tell from the photo...it sortof looks like a porcelain bird...or something. Very cool finds--must be folks going through their baby stuff or something, where you live!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  12:53:14 PM  Show Profile
beautiful things as always. thanks for sharing.

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2008 :  7:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Nancy I like your candle holder, I have been outside painting yd chairs but I was trying not to look to much that bread starved me to death, Good night my friend

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  04:29:46 AM  Show Profile
Nancy..I spent at least an hour last night looking at your blog and going back to your "old posts" since I just "discovered" you and your blog spot. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it and it was ALMOST like shopping myself. My daughter and I are avid "junker's".....thrift store sounds better but when she comes down or vice-versa we go "junkin"! The problem is we are both packrats and keep taking in and not clearing out and we're both afraid our houses are going to explode! So, your site was so inspiring and motivating that I told her to look also. I don't think we're real materialistic but we love "old" stuff and I love preserving and restoring things and not buying new when there is something old out there for a lot less money that will fit the bill. Anyway, I told her to look at your blog because you have a real gift for decorating and displaying your "treasures" and it motivated me to spend more time on organizing them and keeping only the ones that have a use and a place and getting rid of the rest so someone else can enjoy them. So, I can't wait to get going this morning and clean and rearrange and I promised myself that if I did good today I would go over to Salem tomorrow and go to Harold's who is a bonified "junk man" and search for treasures as a reward ...OH and also get ready to have a garage sale! LOL!
I loved your "sale drawer" and your embroidered pieces....and your "not so secret" garden! LOL!
YOur home is lovely and so cozy and homey and that is what I always strive for....cozy and homey and welcoming. Talk at ya later!
P.S. Do you still have your sale drawer ever? You do have a great thrift store there...it's a good thing it's not close to me...I'd be in there every day!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  04:55:45 AM  Show Profile
Sandra,
Now you have really spoiled me with your praise!! Thank you so much. Sounds like you have as much fun as I do with buying up all kinds of good stuff. Maybe at some point you could put some pictures up so I can see what you are up to. I must admit that there are times when I come home with something that I just couldn't leave behind and It takes me a while to find the perfect place for it. I have a small house!! Come back and tell me what good things you have brought home and what you have done with them.
I Haven't put my sale drawer up for awhile. The postage rates are so high, and I hate to ask the girls to pay so much.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  12:59:11 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo - that wrought iron candle holder is wonderul! You did good once again.

Sandra - I completely know what you mean by looking at NAncy's blog. It is a wonderland.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  3:42:45 PM  Show Profile
So...Nancy Jo....did you go to the thrift store today? What did you get...???? I did clean up and am still working on it...my family room which was a catchall and I'm organizing a box with "thrift finds" that I haven't utilized since I bought so I will have them in one place when I start decorating around the house. You really motivated me! I live in my folks house that my Dad built and it's big but it has their furniture still AND mine and we were totally opposite...they were fancy and french provincial and expensive stuff while I am close to cabin living with garage sale finds so there in lies the rub!
I am thinking of doing a blog though because at first I couldn't stand to part with amy of their things but now I'm okay with it plus their decorating definitely needs an update but first I need to straighten, organize and get it "livable"in every room and then start decorating and painting and remodeling....whew...I'm tired just thinking about it! I just spent the last 20 years fixing up an old farmhouse and now I have to start all over! But I love a challenge and it keeps me off the streets. So, maybe my blog will be befores and afters BIG TIME!
Keep on gettin' those bargains! I'm going to check your blog right now cuz I bet that's what you're doing...updating it with your new stuff....I get so excited!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2008 :  3:44:01 PM  Show Profile
P.S. Did you find any of your marbles today....Tee Hee!

Farmgirl Sister #226
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic THRIFT STUFF Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page