Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 My 16 year old nephew
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My 16 year old nephew Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  4:01:21 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,

I'm sorry to hear about Jaryd. You all will be in my prayers. I'm glad to hear he was fishing the other day and feeling better.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  4:01:43 PM  Show Profile
Dear Jenny,
Sending thoughts and prayers for your nephew and the entire fa,ily.
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

NadKnitBlog
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Nadine
Nalbach Saarland
Germany
72 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  04:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Send NadKnitBlog an AOL message
So sorry to hear that- one of my students, also a boy of 16 got the same diagnosis in the last week of the school year- we were all floored and I'll keep them both in my prayers.

Nadine blogs at http://nadsknittingblog.blogspot.com/ and knits on Ravelry as Nadknitblog and on Plurk she is NadKnitBlog too!
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  05:56:26 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Jaryd...wow, bless your heart. I have prayers going out for you and your family.

Jesus was a feminist!
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

laluna
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

New York
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  10:57:03 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, you are all in my thoughts. (Another positive story for you - a friend in college was diagnosed with and treated for Hodgkins, and is healthy and well these nearly twenty years later!)

"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." -- Frank Lloyd Wright
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  1:31:34 PM  Show Profile
I got an update email today and he made it through his first chemo treatment last Thursday and will have a smaller dose one this coming Thursday. He has to travel a ways (a few hours) for the big dose ones every other week at Stanford and then can have the smaller doses locally. He is doing okay so far..but I guess they had a problem with his blood pressure getting high (can't imagine WHY!!!) thanks so much for all your prayers!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  1:34:13 PM  Show Profile
Good to know, Jenny, though I too, can't imagine why his blood pressure might be up there!!!

I hope he's keeping his chin up and that it's not been too hard on him, with the treatment and the travel.

Keeping him (and your fam) in my thoughts.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  6:40:44 PM  Show Profile
I pray that he is blessed with good health soon. I also hope that he is not frightened all the time. That breaks my heart to think of him going through that.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2008 :  05:50:21 AM  Show Profile
Dear Lord,

We say a prayer for this young man and that You spread Your healing light over him. He has his life in front of him and we ask that You bring comfort and ease any side effects of the chemotherapy. Send an angel to be with him.

In Jesus' name we pray,
Amen

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic My 16 year old nephew Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page