Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Anyone go to The Farm Chicks Show last weekend?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone go to The Farm Chicks Show last weekend? Next Topic  

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  7:48:39 PM  Show Profile
My friend, Karen, and I went and we and had a great time. It was held at the Spokane Co. Fairgrounds this year. The booths were all darling and stocked full of country goods for sale. Karen and I booth took our granny shopping carts and we were so glad we did. There was a little bit if an issue with them as far as space in the booths, but even with that they were a God send. I filled mine up and then I found an old hand crank ice cream and had no room for it. So it went into Karen's cart. She was more controlled in her shopping than I was.
Check out my blog as I have been posting photos of our day together.

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  9:35:11 PM  Show Profile
hey Pamela,
Firemama, Pickles, Judyblueeyes & I were @ the F.C. show. We helped Ellyanne with her booth & book presentation about aprons.
I think I saw Joanne-Colville walk by but it was so hectic on Saturday that by the time I realized it was her she had disappeared in the crowd.
I think Amy Grace from Rosaliea(sp) stopped by, but again we were soooo busy.
I got a chance to chat w/Celeste as well as my co-hort in crime, Tammy, from Sisters on the Fly.
Did you see those cute denim jackets trimmed w/ vintage fabric over at the "Cats Pajamas" booth???

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  06:27:47 AM  Show Profile
Grace was I carrying my antique rake I bought? I didn't like the crowds. A few people commented on the rake. I said I was looking for a cattle prod(to get the people to move) but this would have to do. I liked it better in Fairfield but judging by the crowd the Farm Chicks did very well. I loved the fabric lined grocery totes. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  07:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Joann I think you were carrying it around.
Pamela I am the crazy one who said I recogonized you from you hair, what I meant was from your hair VIA your blog,lol.
I had fun I got to buy a few aprons from a boothe,and an old apron pattern,and my FAVORITE thing I got was a cookbook, called Down-On-The-Farm Cookbook. There are recipes for EVERYTHING including squirel, it is from 1947. Way cool

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential
Liane Cardes

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

www.justanotherhousewife.etsy.com

Aunt Debs Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5848156
Go to Top of Page

Photobugs
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Pamela
Post Falls Idaho
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  3:00:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh people recognize me from my hair all the time, so that is fine.
I am glad we got our books early, since she sold out. EllynAnne left a post on my blog...that was nice.
Seeing her collection of aprons made me wonder how many I have...they are here and there, so not sure I could actually count them.
Firemama, glad you spoke up and said something to me...that was great!

There were lots of people there, but that makes for part of the frenzy and fun! How else would we be able to get that many farmgirls in one place?

Pamela

http://homesteadmercantile.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  3:24:39 PM  Show Profile
Great pictures pam!!

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  11:54:56 PM  Show Profile
Pam,
I was looking at one of my picture that I took of a group listening to E.A. talking & spotted you!

I took a count of my aprons & I currently have 72.... wowzer! I had no idea I had so many...

Joann, I don't recall seeing you with the rake... or a cattle prod! lol! But it would have come in handy
as it was really crowded on Saturday.

mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  06:18:51 AM  Show Profile
oh pamela .. i loved all your photos and treasures. and by the way, i 'think' all you ever have to do at michael's if you don't have a coupon is simply 'sign' a list when you check out and you will get the 50 o 40% coupon discount if it has appeared that week in their local newspaper. we don't get a big city newspaper .. sooo .. i have no way of EVER getting it unless i go to town and buy a paper when it appears. soooo .. i think this is why that program was started. i've been doing this for a year or more now. always ASK!! thanks again for sharing all the goodies in your pictures. you are DARLING! xoxo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  8:27:31 PM  Show Profile
Grace, yes that was me - with my mom who brought the little girls apron that her great-aunt made in the 1940's. Sorry I didn't know it was you I would have said hello. What a neat booth to work at!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2008 :  8:57:30 PM  Show Profile
AmyGrace,
I was going through the receipts right after you had walked away,,,,sorry I missed you.
We'll have to plan a lunch date the next time you & Michelle aka huckleberrywine are out in Spokane.
Oh, I saw Michelle's Dandielion Wine receipe in MaryJanes new book....maybe we can talk Michelle into bringing us a sample..giggle giggle..

Pam, be sure to post when Celeste-'Chaps'-has her flea market at her resturant,,,I love her little eatery, I even bought 3 of her coffee mugs to give as gifts to some of my Sisters on the Fly girl friends.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 25 2008 9:04:03 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Anyone go to The Farm Chicks Show last weekend? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page