gracie
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Gracie
Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  1:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Send gracie an AOL message
Hi to all. Been awhile since I have joined in. I am still in need of coming up with a name for our farm. Decided to try to use the inital K because both daughters, myself and husband have that initial. Also thought of Fun E Farm because our last name begins with E. Any ideas? Would really like to try something with the 4 K's.

life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  2:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gracie, here is another thought, is there some geographical feature after which you could name the farm? A stream, or ridge, or hollow etc, are things to name a farm, then it isn't necessarily tied to just one family, and the name could continure through the years.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

gracie
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Gracie
Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  2:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Send gracie an AOL message
Hi Kennie,
Have tried all of the other things, did come up with Whispering Oaks We are a close family and decided to play on the K's for awhile. This is not a true working farm as it is mostly pastures and woods at this point. Who knows what the future will bring? We do have a dog and 2 cats and since we live in the country we do get our share of strays to find homes for.

life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  3:47:39 PM  Show Profile
Ok, so I'm playing with four ks. Four K's Farm? Fourkay's Farm? 4-Kay's Farm? Forks Farm? Four-leaf Clover Farm? or Four Clover Farm? (has no Ks per se, but has the K sound!) Just don't use the K instead of C, like Kountry Kutie Klover -- hate that! (No offense to anyone who likes to be kute.) Whispering Oakkkks Farm? (get the four k's??!) What about the Ks in two sets, one backwards joined to one forwards, like on a brand. I don't think I can type that out, but the stem of the K would be shared by a backwards K and a regular K. Oh, sigh. I'll have to ponder this some more. (By the way: My name is Kathy and my maiden name also began with K, so I signed off on projects KK. When I married, I became KKL. But my niece, seeing KKL, thought my middle initial was K, and so thought my initials growing up were KKK. I had to set her straight. No Klan connection here!)
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  3:57:16 PM  Show Profile
How about K4 Farm? K=4 Farm? Farm 4K?

Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2005 :  4:00:29 PM  Show Profile
FourK________(enter last name)Farm? K_____________Four Farm?

Like it was one word e.g. FourKellis or KellisFour if your last name is Ellis.
Mary

The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it. Wm. James

Edited by - quilt8305 on Oct 05 2005 4:37:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2005 :  7:34:35 PM  Show Profile
Since its not a working farm per se, how about "Lazy K Farm" and have the K laying down?

"Every morning's a beautiful morning"
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  04:00:17 AM  Show Profile
I like the Lazy K! I'd like to be one!
Go to Top of Page

gracie
Farmgirl in Training

30 Posts

Gracie
Ohio
USA
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2005 :  1:43:43 PM  Show Profile  Send gracie an AOL message
Thank you for all of your help. I too would like to be a "Lazy K" Time was of the essence so we threw names in a box and came out with "Idle Hours" which was my husband's idea. We also own a business so people assume that we have lots of money and lots of idle time so in a way that also fit. I do have a good joke.......sign on a fence: Farmer allows walkers to cross the field for free, but beware that the bull charges!!

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic Help with our farm name Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page