Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Closing Past Blessings Shop!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Closing Past Blessings Shop! Next Topic  

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  11:08:04 AM  Show Profile
Well, I finally had to face the music. The economy is sucking in Spokane and antiques and home decor are, of course, the first thing to go. After several monthes of basically only meeting my expenses, I have decided to close. I am not looking at it as permanent, but simply as for a "season." I still envision a big barn on my own property someday with spectacular farm fairs and sales. Of course, first we would need the farm and the barn . . .

But in the meantime, I do have some ideas cooking for internet sales and Past Blessings will still exist . . . just in a different way. Now, though I am in the panic of having to clear out and sell everything over the next 45 days. I need to be out of the building by July 31st. I will have a big sale this weekend on Friday and Saturday.

Anyway, it is kind of bittersweet. I am very much for simplifying our lives and this helps with that, but I always want to be a creative farmgirl. We will see what the future brings. I know it is what I need to do now and God will bless us in the end.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  11:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I'm facing pretty much the same thing, Brenda. I'm running deep sales in my booth in the antique mall right now. I'll probably give it up completely at the end of the summer. Hopefully, I can manage to meet expenses until then. It's sad to put so much of your creativity into something and just suddenly see it evaporate. :(

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  12:56:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Brenda, I am so sorry to hear this! I was just wondering when your next weekend sale would be, as I haven't been to see you in a while. You put such love into painting and decorating your shop - but I know what you mean about the economy. Well, some new Blessings will come your way, and as you said, it is just a transition point. I will be out to see you this weekend! Hugs, FarmGirl! Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  1:40:18 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear that, Brenda. We have had quite a few businesses like yours close because people are just not decorative things for their homes. I hope things work out that you can achieve your plan for a farm fair at yours. I would surely come out for that!!

karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  2:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, I am so sorry about the cosing of your shop. I am grateful that you realize it is not the shop, but the economy. With the cost of everything sky rocketing, families are struggling to live. I hope that you get that barn and fill it with all the things you love and we can all go "calling" !!!!

Keep your chin up

Linda
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  4:14:18 PM  Show Profile
You held out longer than I could. You can still be creative. Do you have a front porch you can sell from? No overhead and a very short walk to work.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  7:46:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the kind thoughts. Aimee, I sure wish I had a porch . . . mine is all of about 5 foot square! We might someday build a shop, but since we live on a steep hill, it would take a lot of prep work. But, hopefully someday, it will all work out. I think the country is in for some lean times and so we all just need to weather the storm.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  10:09:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Brenda,
just checking in on you, hope all is going well....How are things going with the closure of your sweet shop?
Better things await you as you will see.
hugz,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  06:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Brenda, I didn't know you had a shop and don't get to Spokane much (gas prices have curtailed my fun traveling to shop) but sure am sorry to hear you'll be closing but understand why. Even though it's hard to close it, maybe this will give you the time to simplify and evaluate things until the economy perks up. I always feel everything happens for a reason and usually a Divine one so something is probably going to work for the better from this...the hard part is waiting and watching. I can see why it's so bittersweet for you as you put so much of yourself into a business. Sure wish I could make the sale...bet you'd have something very nice that would suit my fancy. I noticed a shop called Rustic is for sale here in Ellensburg (couple of years old) and was surprised...it's pretty upscale (spendy) ranch decor and I bet it's for the same reasons. I day-dreamed how fun it would be to buy this shop (heavy on the dream part) but can see from the comments that it's not a good time for this type of business.

Take care.
Jami in WA

Okay, so now I have a blog. http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Closing Past Blessings Shop! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page