Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Finally, Some NYC photos!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  6:31:16 PM  Show Profile
Sue and all-- What fun , what fun! I had hoped to be able to go and was holding out for a last minute change of plans but was committed elsewhere. I am so glad you all got to meet and have a wonderful day.
Did Mary sing that song "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug..."? That was one of my son's favorite songs in the car when he was little! And Little Feats "Mighty Rad Gumbo" but I digress...).

Sue was the woman on the train's name Rachel? My college roomate was in NYC this past weekend and she emailed me she met a woman she thought I would have liked to have met! Wouldn't that be the absolute weirdest thing if that was who YOU met?!Stranger things have happened for sure! Anyway... thanks for sharing your pictures they were great. I have one question: Where is the picture of the giant basket?!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  7:20:47 PM  Show Profile
Bramble,
My giant basket was put behind the MJF booth for the day as they took pity on me and invited me to quit dragging it around
The woman I met on the train was from Washington, DC and her name was Angie.She brought her nephew on his first trip to NYC. They had to split up on the train because it was pretty full, so she sat with me and he sat a few rows ahead.
After a few minutes of small talk, she began to unfold, piece by piece, a personal story that was remarkably similiar to something that I experienced about 10 years ago. So similiar were the unusual circumstances that we knew instantly why she "chose" to sit with me.
The next two hours flew by, but it was simply a healing encounter for both of us. Serendipity, they call it, right?
Oh yes, MCC did sing the bug song

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  7:31:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Meadowlark,
Wondered where you were today!
a size 6?? Honey, you need to be sitting down there to the right with those other two boot birds...and maybe bring along Lucinda with her 22 inch waist. This purebred German stock hasn't seen a size 6 since before my first child was born!
Those are Durango boots, maybe the same holds true as the Fryes.
Ive got my toes crossed!

"If more of us valued good food, cheer and song above hoarded gold,the world would be a merrier place."
J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2005 :  8:32:26 PM  Show Profile
Susan and Julie ~ what wonderful accounts of your NYC adventure! Wish I could have been there, but Jenny and I had to settle for Provo in the rain, lol! I'm so glad you had this experience!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  4:39:37 PM  Show Profile
As I have been watching the news on the terror threat to NYC subways I can't help but think of you Sue...and traveling last weekend. Part of Penn station has been shut down. Knowing that someone I care for and consider a good friend in harms way gave me pause... I am glad you are safe, and that the people in charge of guarding the transportation system there are doing a wonderful job keeping these precious souls safe. That includes the air industry and the crew from Idaho! We all live in a fabulous country!!!

If I keep a green bough in my heart, the singing bird will come.
Go to Top of Page

BlueEggBabe
True Blue Farmgirl

417 Posts

Susan
PA
417 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2005 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile

Meadowlark,
The recent scare at Penn Station is unsettling, for sure.GULP!
Even last weekend, however, there were many more uniformed police officers than I have seen in the past and also many camoflauged guys carrying(in their hands!!) wicked looking machine guns. Their presence was both comforting and scary, too.I will never forget my day in the big city, but I was very happy to be home.
Thanks for thinkin' of me .

J.J.R.Tolkien
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Finally, Some NYC photos!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page