mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  08:51:07 AM  Show Profile
I was posting about my son's tick story at my daughter's birthday celebration and it reminded me about another birthday celebration in Seattle that we went to.

We decided to go to a very nice restaurant for my oldest daughter's birthday (the classiest one in the family) We had a nice dinner and some of us ordered dessert. The birthday girl ordered a slice of ice cream cake and was enjoying it when she got a funny look on her face - I watched her and she reached up to her mouth and pulled out the tip of a rubber glove - it was about an inch long. Ugh!!!!
It about made all of us sick - we couldn't believe it! We told the waiter and can you believe, all he did was offer to bring her another piece of cake - or not charge her for the one she had been eating. We were all in shock and left right after we paid our bill which was well over $300 (even without the cake!) I thought about it overnight and when I got to work the next day, with the encouragement of my co-workers, I called the restaurant back. This time I talked to the manager who was extremely apologetic and credited the bill on our debit card. I don't know why we didn't do that the night of the incident, I guess we just wanted to get far away from the place. But the lesson learned is stuff like that happens in nice places too, not just burger joints.

Tell us your restaurant horror story!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Restaurant horror stories Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page