Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Advice on sewing machine problem?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Advice on sewing machine problem? Next Topic  

CherryPie
True Blue Farmgirl

935 Posts

Kimberly Ann
Puyallup WA
USA
935 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  11:56:11 PM  Show Profile
I'm hoping someone with some sewing machine know how can give me some clues as to what might be happening with my machine. As I sew, even with just a straight basic stitch, the needle seems to become "unthreaded" - I never see the thread actually break, but it must. I go ahead and rethread and then a minute or so later, it does it again. It is a relatively new machine and I'm relatively new to using it, so any ideas on what might be the problem would be a help.

Kimberly Ann
Why Reinvent the broom?
http://nostalgichomemaking.blogspot.com

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  05:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kimberly,
It sounds like your tension is too tight on top. Mine was doing the same thing. It would thread up get a good line and then all of a sudden have let loose and I would notice it was unthreaded again. very nasty annoyance if you ask me. Well, i found that my top tension was too tight. It was snap the thread everytime,
Hope that helps
hugs
Jess

http://crshelpmeet-heartssong.blogspot.com/

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Advice on sewing machine problem? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page