SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  07:29:19 AM  Show Profile

I got a large box of trims at a yard sale a few weeks ago, and I really don't need THAT MUCH trim. . .although my 8 year old daughter's trying to convince me to put fringe and balls on everything she owns . I 've saved out a whole lot for our family to use, but would like to know if anyone'd like to barter for some or all of the other. Going from the picture, from top to bottom, here are the lengths:

off-white ball trim: 2 pieces, one is 72" the other is 60"to Aimee
dark gold balls: 94"to Lisa
bright green fringe: 59"
to LIsa
gold and olive dangly stuff: 297"
to Aimee
olive balls 170"to Lisa
flat green vareigated 120"to Aimee
larger gold balls: 120"to Aimee
red and black dangly stuff: 34"to Lisa
red fringe: 84"to Lisa
blue fringe: 214"to Lisa
orange fringe: 130".
to Lisa
I think they're all made of cotton, that's what it feels like to me. Also, I think they've been just in a box for however many years??? so some are a little smushed looking, not as perfect as you'd get from the store.

Please let me know if you're interested in trading for some or all. The thing is, I'd really like to barter, as in, get something in trade. For some reason, I'd say I've received things in trade from only about half of the barters I've been involved with. Who knows why! But anyhow, that sounds kind of selfish when I read it over, but I really do like the idea of bartering. So, just let me know! Thanks!

Edited by - SheilaC on Jul 03 2008 06:05:30 AM

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  09:45:16 AM  Show Profile
I would love some of this! I'll email with what I would like and what you would like and we'll meet in the middle...

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  09:59:44 AM  Show Profile
Okay, so Aimee will have the off white pieces, gold & olive dangly, flat green verigated & large gold balls (don't you love my descriptions?!) Anybody want any of the others?
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  08:14:42 AM  Show Profile
That's a nice selection~did TribalCime contact you? Looks right up her alley of desires.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  08:21:46 AM  Show Profile
Sheila, I'd be interested in the blue fringe if it is still available. Email me off line and we can see what I can barter. I crochet, so think along those lines...
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  06:55:51 AM  Show Profile
HI sheila ! Here is pic of your turquoise and amethyst necklace i will be mailing ya . I will do a bracelet to match and mail out to you tuesday. Thanks for the barter!!

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/

Edited by - tribalcime on Jun 09 2008 06:56:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  10:11:10 AM  Show Profile
Lisa and Aimee, I sent your fringes out today! Enjoy!!
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  11:10:45 AM  Show Profile
I mailed out a grab bag of goodies. I hope you like them.

Aimee

http://laplantewardklopf.blogspot.com/ Motto To Live By
"Life should NOT be a jouney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!"
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  07:32:46 AM  Show Profile
sheila --your package is in the mail :P

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  6:30:07 PM  Show Profile
sheila --got the fringe today !! It is just perfect . thank you so very much!!! Cant wait to play with it.

Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  6:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Good to hear Lisa! Aimee I got your package today. . .lots of great stuff to keep the kiddos crafty this summer!! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2008 :  7:31:37 PM  Show Profile
Lisa! I got my package today from you. I've got to tell you, what a GREAT thing for today (90 degrees, babysitting 3 kiddos plus having my own 3 here) etc etc. . .and then that lovely jewelry!! Thanks so much! Are you sure the fringe was worth it? And the dishcloths were a great bonus also. My 8 year old daughter said those were SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than what we usually use! Thanks for making my day!
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  03:26:39 AM  Show Profile
good morning sheila :) Yes--the fringe was worth the jewlery :) I LOVE it ! hehehe--had to laugh about what your daughter said :P Enjoy wearing them !!!

Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  09:18:44 AM  Show Profile
Sheila, no package yet....I know you emailed that you had sent it quite a while ago. Was it by chance returned????
Thanks,
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Go to Top of Page

feedsack4ever
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

linda
opdyke illinois
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2008 :  1:13:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheila. If you have any trim left I would love to trade..

www.feedsack4ever.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2008 :  06:06:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sharon! I haven't sent your package yet. . .was waiting for your address!! Email me your address and I'll send it right out!! Sorry for the mix-up! Sheila
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  3:58:01 PM  Show Profile
OH! I thought you wrote it was on it's way. I'll email off loop.
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Go to Top of Page

Txfarmgal
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

AK

USA
585 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2008 :  6:30:24 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SheilaC

I got a large box of trims at a yard sale a few weeks ago, and I really don't need THAT MUCH trim. . .although my 8 year old daughter's trying to convince me to put fringe and balls on everything she owns . I 've saved out a whole lot for our family to use, but would like to know if anyone'd like to barter for some or all of the other. Going from the picture, from top to bottom, here are the lengths:

off-white ball trim: 2 pieces, one is 72" the other is 60"to Aimee
dark gold balls: 94"
bright green fringe: 59"
gold and olive dangly stuff: 297"to Aimee
olive balls 170"
flat green vareigated 120"to Aimee
larger gold balls: 120"to Aimee
red and black dangly stuff: 34"
red fringe: 84"
blue fringe: 214"
orange fringe: 130".

I think they're all made of cotton, that's what it feels like to me. Also, I think they've been just in a box for however many years??? so some are a little smushed looking, not as perfect as you'd get from the store.

Please let me know if you're interested in trading for some or all. The thing is, I'd really like to barter, as in, get something in trade. For some reason, I'd say I've received things in trade from only about half of the barters I've been involved with. Who knows why! But anyhow, that sounds kind of selfish when I read it over, but I really do like the idea of bartering. So, just let me know! Thanks!

Sheila, I will take the bottom 4 pink/black, blue etc. unless it's already taken. Tell me what you want in return. thanks.

AngiKay

For he is faithful that promised. Hebrews 10:23

check out Texas 4H! http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2008 :  06:14:17 AM  Show Profile
All right! All these have been taken. Angie and Linda, I emailed you! Thanks everyone!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic trims and fringe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page