Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Can someone explain the topics?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Can someone explain the topics? Next Topic  

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  4:37:11 PM  Show Profile
I don't understand what you want for "Ladyslipper"...is there a place where we can read a description of the topic so that we know what to write about?

Thanks-
Carrie M

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing

Edited by - Carrie W on Jun 03 2008 4:37:31 PM

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  6:07:46 PM  Show Profile
I have tried to get this answer too and do not know. Sometimes they give a topic and want us to interpret it in our own way rather than fitting it to a specific description. I too am having a tough time with this though. I have no clue!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  6:10:59 PM  Show Profile
Ok, not to sound totally dense (but yes, you can think it) what are you two talking about?

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  6:30:33 PM  Show Profile
Am I missing sumthin??????

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller

http://www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/dcole1
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  7:32:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
How cute is this conversation :).. Ok let me try to inturpret..On the Maryjanes Web site. you can submit an article for the upcoming issue of the Magazine to Meg. She usually has topic suggestions and this time it is/was Ladyslipper... So Carrie is asking.. what is a ladyslipper? what are they looking for here.. Wish I had the answer.. I am sure it will be brillant when I learn with the rest of the readers.. If you go to www.maryjanesfarm.com and click of Crew.... Meagans name comes up.. click on that and it will take you to what we are talking about... I am sure there is a shorter route.. but where is the fun in that?

There.. that should be as clear as .... well.... MUD!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  8:02:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Rene!!! I didn't even know that was there! Duh...

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller

http://www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/dcole1
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  8:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Well I have few of the talents the rest of you possess.. But I can raise a garden and write.. So I was naturally drawn to it.. however, still dont know what "ladyslipper" is.............cannot wait to discover it however.

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  9:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Yup, Ladyslipper is the next next theme for the magazine. And, Rene, you are exactly right, it's up for farmgirl interpretation!

Ladyslipper can be Cinderella stories (if the shoe fits...), it can be
about the wild flower, or wild women, or high heels, or a story about
knitting a pair of slippers, good slipper or shoe finds in antique shops,
NYC, etc. ....It's any and all of these things and we can't wait to jump into it.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Carrie W
Farmgirl Legend/Chapter Guru

437 Posts

Saratoga Springs New York
USA
437 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  1:39:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, thank you!! That helps a lot.

OUt of curiosity...are all the topics like this?? Open for interpretation?? I've never done this before, but after reading the mag I can kind of understand a theme...

Carrie

www.totallykadeshfarm.blogspot.com

Farmgirl Sisterhood #147

Tis better to weep at joy than to joy at weeping--Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2008 :  1:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Yup, they sure are! That makes it very farmgirl.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  2:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
How FUN is this? I hope more of us get involved. It tells us alot about each other when we get to share what certain topics "bring up for each of us"... very clever Meg!

Go to Top of Page

Karen@The Boulevard
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Karen
Hartline Wahington
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  10:44:14 PM  Show Profile
This is a great idea...I can tell you "ladyslipper" brought many fond memories for me and maybe even a story...fun fun fun!

Karen@The Boulevard
www.mokitime.com

visit our website
www.mokitime.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  06:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
hey gals~ check out the link for the upcoming as well as the past topics for the magazine here:

http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/keepingintouch/

"Despite the gardener's best intentions, Nature will improvise. ~Michael P. Garafalo
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Can someone explain the topics? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page