Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Scared but Excited... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  09:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
SO, I had a chance to chat with hubby and he wants to take a jump of faith and rent a small, already furnished place next year (for about 6 months, we have 3 options already in mind) and live like gypsies. This have been my (our) dream forever and I think the wear of deployment has either made him crazy or he like he said, life is short, so let's go live.

He told me to sell EVERYTHING except for the basics ( I will post my list later to see what all ya'll think) and to really work out debt down.

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I already called my neighbor here and she said I can store some bins in her extra garage but I really need to downsize. So be looking for a lot of items coming up for sale.

I get to be a cowgirl/beachgirl/farm girl gypsy!! I am so excited!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  09:52:32 AM  Show Profile
Wow. That is a brave thing to do. Good for you!! (And your hubby.) Best to do it while you and your little one are young!!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jeanna
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Jeanna
Franklin NC
USA
267 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  12:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Heather, check out Cage free family blog. They are doing the same thing, sort of. I am so inspired. I would love to do that, but my husband is "planted" here.

Jeanna
Farmgirl Sister #41

If both of our troubles were hung on a line--You would take yours and I would take mine.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  1:31:34 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Heather!! It is so exciting to take a concrete step towards realizing a dream. Good luck with everything
Amy Grace
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  2:24:53 PM  Show Profile
I will sure love hearing of your travels. I am not a good traveler or wanderer..very much planted..but I love to hear about my friends doing it...good for you!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  2:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Woohoo, sounds great Heather

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  2:58:01 PM  Show Profile
sounds exciting. i look forward to your stories.

farmgirl sister #37

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  5:14:19 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Hooray for you! Life definitely IS short, better enjoy it while you can!

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  5:18:09 PM  Show Profile
i have always had a dream of living 'like a gypsy'...a traveling family. How great!! Good for you! Looking forward to goodies you'll list for sale, too!!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com/
http://youtube.com/profile?user=GaiasRose
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - May 29 2008 :  9:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Heather,

Are you planning to take off in an RV?? I think I missed a part of this discussion! Soooo please do fill me in ...... sounds exciting!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  05:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone and thanks for the support. We are going to be renting a little cottage, no rv because gas is too $$$. Our goal is to see how simply we can live, have a lot more fun and enjoy life and basically just enjoy each other. We have been go go go since we got married 4 years ago and we never just had time to live. We never bought anything really nice for our house because we have moved so much, so we figured since our load is somewhat light already, we could lighten even more and go for our to do list of living simply, having fun and being free.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  09:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Heather,

That is truly wonderful that you will be going with your heartfelt wishes! As I look back, I realize the most important things have been the peaceful, simple ones ........ Enjoying Life and Family is the BEST and MOST IMPORTANT part of the Journey. So nice to know you are following your dreams!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  12:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
Good Luck!! I grew up gypsy...part heritage and part b/c my mother is/was a hippie!!!! I hated it growing up b/c we would just get settled and then mom and dad would wisk us off to a new adventure, but now as an adult I love the way I was raised. I wish that I could do so now with my children but my husbands has roots soooo deep that we ended up lving 20 yards from the family! Keep us posted...maybe I can live vicariously....

Dirt under my nails and weeds in my hair...don't tell me I can't dress up with flair!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Scared but Excited... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page