CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  07:10:24 AM  Show Profile
this was sent to me by a friend .. i thought it worthy of passing forward. xo, frannie

Some foreign countries knowingly and intentionally, export inferior products and dangerous toys and goods to be sold in American markets .. Yet 70% of Americans believe that the trading privileges afforded to these foreign countries should be suspended.

We don't need the government to suspend trading privileges!

WE CAN DO THIS OURSELVES!

Simply look on the bottom of every product you buy, and if it says 'Made in (YOU FILL IN THE FOREIGN COUNTRY OF ORIGIN!) simply choose another product or none at all.

You will be amazed at how dependent you are on these inferior (and dangerous) products .. however you will be equally amazed at what you can do without.

Who needs plastic eggs to celebrate Easter?
If you must have eggs, use real ones and benefit some American farmer. Easter is just an example, the point is.. just ACT NOW! Go ahead and assume control on your own.

If 200 million Americans refuse to buy just $20 each of foreign goods, thats a billion dollar trade imbalance resolved in our favor...fast!!

The downside? Some American businesses will feel a temporary pinch from having foreign stockpiles of inventory. ** Downside ??????

The solution .............

Let's give them fair warning and send our own message. We will not
implement this UNTIL June 4, and we will only continue it until July 4. That is only one month of trading losses, but it will hit these countries for 1/12th of the total, or 8%, of their American exports. Then they will at least have to ask themselves if the benefits of cheaply and dangerously made goods were worth it.

Remember, June 4 to July 4.

Send this to everybody you know.
Show them we are Americans
and NOBODY can take us for granted.

If we can't live without cheap imported
goods for one month out of our lives,
WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET!

Pass it on America !!!!!!

AND we might just find that we prefer to live in a safer environment!! And will continue to buy safe American-Made products.

(this is certainly not to say that ALL imports is a bad idea .. let's just start by cutting the UNSAFE ones out of our lives! AND .. we should demand the very same thing from AMERICAN-MADE products too!)

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  08:18:19 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am with you Ms. Frannie. I posted about Conscious Living and this is part of it. Instead of grabbing the old standby's, I am really reading labels, looking where it came from, trying to reduce packaging, organic, etc. It is tough and I have maybe 5 items on my ok list but I am getting there. My biggest problem is bathroom products. I have homemade soap from my lovely farmgal friends but everything else is up in the air. I plan on doing this for the rest of my life!!! By local, by safe and organic, buy less, use less, less output on my families part.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  09:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Frannie,
I am passing this on to friends... this is a "can do".. thanks

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  09:13:37 AM  Show Profile
I LOVE this. Thanks for sharing.
Take care,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

It's never too late to be what you might have been.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  09:16:46 AM  Show Profile
When I went shopping for Easter goodies, I was surprised at how many foods (and candy is a food) are "Made in China." After all the scares we have had lately, I completely avoided those goodies. They may have been perfectly safe, but it's my body that I'm putting the stuff into. Feel the same?

Betty
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  09:48:23 AM  Show Profile
betty .. when i received this e-mail .. it was indeed all about 'china' .. but i changed it to include products from all foreign nations .. we do not know the 'quality control' (or LACK thereof) of products made in other countries .. albeit some may be safer than in our own country! but at least HERE .. we have a VOICE and a CHOICE.

I DO SO VERY MUCH LOVE AMERICA!!!! XO

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page

sugarplum
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

RoseMarie
MS
USA
131 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  10:08:49 AM  Show Profile
I'm with ya, Ms. Frannie. Do you know a lot of our candies, cocoa and coffee gift packages, are from China, scary isn't it. I placed an order of specialty food from a reputable company, here in the USA at Christmas time. I was shocked to see it was made in China. I sell a lot of specialty food in my shop and had never paid attention where it was made, I assume it is made here. Needless to say I'll never buy again from that company.

Hugs, RoseMarie

www.sugarplumcottage.blogspot.com

www.sugarplumcottage.etsy.com

"I try to balance my life, barefoot and with a cookie in both hands"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  11:42:54 AM  Show Profile
i think more than ever before (i think having grandkids has made me much more aware of what they eat and play with and wear on their precious little bodies) .. of 'quality-tested' safe products! oh .. i got a BIG one that i'm just becomeing VERY aware of .. will be asking what ya'll do! xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic let's all do this!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page