Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What do you see from your kitchen window?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you see from your kitchen window? Next Topic
Page: of 2

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  4:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Dalyn - okay you win!!!!! I was going to say how I have been watching the cardinal nest, and the four babe birds who are trying to flee the nest. But when I saw your view - well......forget the birdies!!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on May 30 2008 4:21:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  6:30:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm with you Jeannie (Hi) I like many of these views,but Dalyn's is the tops. My sink is on an inside wall :( Must have been a Man who desingned it.) I do have a good view from the dinning area. Our double window looks out to the side yard with lots of trees and birds. There is a stool at this window as my Polly (cat) loves to lay here in the sun. There are also French doors out onto the deck and screen room DH built for me. It looks out to the bird feeder and the woods. It beckons to me to come out onto the swing.

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  7:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I see 2 acres of the greenest grass I have ever seen, with kids' toys scattered here and there...but if you look to the left, I see my in-laws....so, back to the right my eyes divert....

Dirt under my nails and weeds in my hair...don't tell me I can't dress up with flair!
Go to Top of Page

aimeeravae
True Blue Farmgirl

341 Posts

Aimee
Deer River MN
USA
341 Posts

Posted - May 30 2008 :  7:54:49 PM  Show Profile
I see my neighbors ugly gray house. Yes, its about 15 feet from my window. I an hoping to change that. very soon...

Aimee

"Taking joy in life is a woman's best cosmetic."-Rosalind Russell
Go to Top of Page

MsSadie
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

SD
Texas
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  2:25:38 PM  Show Profile
A mimosa tree and honeysuckle vines on the fence.

http://artsyetc2.blogspot.com/
http://www.pbase.com/sadie04
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  3:14:52 PM  Show Profile
My kitchen window....As look out my window, I see fresh cut green grass with the wonderful lines it in that go up and down and back in forth in a playful pattern. I see a weather worn picket fence sprinkled with roses bushes sporting pale pink, fire orange, and red rosebuds. Straight ahead beyond that stars and stripe flag is the clothesline with fresh laundry swaying in the breeze. The childrens' toys dot the yard like polka dots on a 50s patterned. apron. A lone red, almost black rose stands stately to one side surrounded by crisp newly laid mulch. The childrens swing set is to my right just waiting to be played on....(Later the kiddos will be swinging to their hearts content!)
Well, so...um...that's my kitchen window...:) Sorry kinda long winded..its a big back yard that I see.:)
hugs
Jess

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  3:16:05 PM  Show Profile
My kitchen window....As look out my window, I see fresh cut green grass with the wonderful lines it in that go up and down and back in forth in a playful pattern. I see a weather worn picket fence sprinkled with roses bushes sporting pale pink, fire orange, and red rosebuds. Straight ahead beyond that stars and stripe flag is the clothesline with fresh laundry swaying in the breeze. The childrens' toys dot the yard like polka dots on a 50s patterned. apron. A lone red, almost black rose stands stately to one side surrounded by crisp newly laid mulch. The childrens swing set is to my right just waiting to be played on....(Later the kiddos will be swinging to their hearts content!)
Well, so...um...that's my kitchen window...:) Sorry kinda long winded..its a big back yard that I see.:)
hugs
Jess

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. -- Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  3:29:01 PM  Show Profile
well, when i have a kitchen i see my flower garden...here's a shot taken before hubby ripped kitchen out for remodeling... Cheers, karen - happy farmgirl #89

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  5:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Lots of fruit trees........Peach (several types), apple, pear, fig and plum and necterine. To the side I can see part of our vegetable garden. Also see Hugh rock bench that I have made into a sitting area with severel birdhouses around that and two saucer bird feeders that I made.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2008 :  11:09:40 PM  Show Profile
First I see the hammock underneath an arbor covered in silver lace vine...beyond that corn fields and neighboring farms. The farm directly south of us has several big red barns and horses.

When we were building our house we came out & stood on the rise and figured out which angle would give us the best views. Because of that our house sits kattywhompus and doesn't face the road.

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt B
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Terri
Chillicothe OH
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  5:32:20 PM  Show Profile
I see my long backyard, bird feeders, red brick patio and walk way, 2 red bud trees, 4 spruce trees, a cigar tree, a mimosa tree, 3 tomatoe plants, our doggie run, our dorothy door, our old cistern - not in use, robins, cardinals, blue jays.

Proud Farmgirl Sisterhood #168, Aunt B
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.blogspot.com
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Pennypincher
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Linda
NC
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  7:16:28 PM  Show Profile
I love opening the curtain in the morning at my kitchen sink and I look out onto my "gravel" patio, and beyond that my clothes line, and lillys, butterfly bushes, bird feeders, and the playground where my 5 daycare childen come to play! I love every minute of my quiet time in front of my kitchen window!
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2008 :  7:48:23 PM  Show Profile
I love hearing what others see. We have our back yard and across the way is the neighbor's yard. However, I'm working on doing some more floral landscape in the backyard. We also have our patio out the window by our kitchen table. I need to put some bird feeders out there to attract some friendly birdies. :)

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2008 :  07:33:42 AM  Show Profile
Ack!!! All I see from my kitchen window is a computer desk!!! My dh moved his business to the farm last year, and while he's building the shop, he's stored all his office JUNK on my glassed in front porch! And, as sometimes men just CAN'T get it, they stuck the huge monstrosity of the computer desk right in front of my window, so now I can't see out. I used to see our front pasture, all kinds of beautiful birds and the cows as they moseyed up to the shade of the pecan trees. I've had enough, so I'm gently persuading dh to hurry up with the shop, so I can see again!!!

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  12:02:17 AM  Show Profile
I see our waterfall falling into the pond, bird feeders hanging from the snowball tree(that is bloom right now) and the deck. looking farther out the doves are flying back and forth in thier pen, at the side of them are the chickens pecking around in thier pen, eating whatever crawls into thier chicken yard. to th right of the window I see my Yurt studio and greenhouse next to that, with the barn in the background.
Theres a path going to the yurt from the back yard with a arch over it with honeysuckle just starting to bloom. I have a big garden window so ya can see alot.
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  07:40:54 AM  Show Profile
Right this very minute I am watching my Amish neighbors plant tobacco. It's quite a process and he only uses two horses for this. It's quite a site to see. Susan
Go to Top of Page

sugarplum
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

RoseMarie
MS
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2008 :  10:19:14 AM  Show Profile
I see a red mandevilla vine that is in my window box and the garden that runs along my drive that has a birdfeeder in it. I also see our swing. It reminds me each time I look out the window, the cushions need cleaning.

From the Sweet South, RoseMarie

www.sugarplumcottage.blogspot.com

www.sugarplumcottage.etsy.com

"I try to balance my life, barefoot and with a cookie in both hands"
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2008 :  09:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
here is a pic of one of my kitchen windows, with my visiting cardinal buddy. he comes several times a day and has been for a while. he fusses if the feeder is empty and just generally lets me know he is checkin us out.

i think he is funny and now he is just a part of the farm world here.

love
frannie in texas

(http://farmfolks-frannie.blogspot.com/)
(http://abunnystale.blogspot.com/)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do you see from your kitchen window? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page