Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Does anyone else watch Daytime Soaps?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Does anyone else watch Daytime Soaps? Next Topic
Page: of 2

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  11:36:58 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by 4forMe

I never got into Passions....it always seemed so far fetched to me....I felt that the storylines were written by aliens....are you kidding me?

LOLLLL...that's exactly what I love about Passions!! It's funny, off beat, weird and pure entertainment. It makes fun of soaps and makes fun of itself in the process. They do parodies of movies and tv shows and popular culture. I love it and will sure miss it when it's over....

Kim

Farmgirl #184

http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  11:52:11 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by TabithaLenox

LOLLLL...that's exactly what I love about Passions!! It's funny, off beat, weird and pure entertainment. It makes fun of soaps and makes fun of itself in the process. They do parodies of movies and tv shows and popular culture. I love it and will sure miss it when it's over....

Thank you for explaining, it makes more sense now. I caught an episode on the DirectTV channel a few weeks ago, while folding laundry and I thought to myself....."this show is just weird".

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  10:00:10 PM  Show Profile
Isn't "Passions" the one with the Witch on it? If so, isn't it sad that the little person on the show died in real life? I think he was like 26, or something. But they actually killed him off the show BEFORE he died in real life. How eerie is that? ~~~ Tracy
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  03:29:14 AM  Show Profile
I forgot Y&R. It was better when Jonathan was on.

I used to work w/ a guy (in his 50's) who watched ATWT more thn me and would give a running synopsis for the entire week! It was so entertaining, felt like I didn't have to tune into the t.v. just my buddy Don.
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  04:45:09 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by shepherdgirl

Isn't "Passions" the one with the Witch on it? If so, isn't it sad that the little person on the show died in real life? I think he was like 26, or something. But they actually killed him off the show BEFORE he died in real life. How eerie is that? ~~~ Tracy

That was Timmy. He was 18 yrs old. The day he went into the hospital for heart surgery in real life is the same day the show aired where he 'died' in the storyline. It was very sad. He was a fun character. He wasn't really being 'killed off' the show, he was going on hiatus because of the surgery and would have come back eventually....

Kim

Farmgirl #184

Edited by - TabithaLenox on May 24 2008 04:47:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  04:46:46 AM  Show Profile
quote:
[i]Thank you for explaining, it makes more sense now. I caught an episode on the DirectTV channel a few weeks ago, while folding laundry and I thought to myself....."this show is just weird".

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.

The head writer for Passions used to be the head writer for Days. Remember the storyline where Marlena was possessed? That was when he was writing for Days. The guy truly has a thing for the bizarre!

Kim

Farmgirl #184

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Does anyone else watch Daytime Soaps? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page