PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  7:28:22 PM  Show Profile
Things are getting too hectic around here! I haven't been on the forums much lately because of it. I got two mini horses for Mother's Day, one of which had been fighting with one of the others. So now I have a horse in the backyard, which is working nicely, the dogs actually like him. And now the backyard is finally getting mowed! The barn is undergoing its major spring cleaning and is about half done. Tons of fencing needs done. Repairs need to be done to existing fencing- a group of goats is getting out everyday and munching on my herb garden. One of the baby goats escaped today and we had quite a time catching her. Then I went to do chores quickly because hubby had to go to work, and one of my does had given birth, so I had to move them. I wish the weather would cooperate and not be so darn windy all the time. I also wish the boys would cooperate. It's hard to get anything done with small kids around! They love the animals though and Tate likes to help all he can. I wish there was more daylight after the kids went to bed!

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  7:35:43 PM  Show Profile
Tell me about your minis - I had three at one time but just gave my last one away a few months ago. They are quite spirited. You sound like you love what you do - even though it is hectic!
Kathy of the Enchanted Wood

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  6:39:58 PM  Show Profile
I do love it, Kathy, I'm just stressed at the moment. It seems like there is too much to be done and not much of it getting done. I haven't been feeling really great lately and it's been hard to get the ambition to get things done. Elvis, the mini in the backyard, seems to be getting along back there fine. Once I get some more fencing done I'll move him back to the barn in his own area away from my stallion. I'm going to put one of my younger mares with him. Elvis is so cute. His back barely comes up to my hip- he's the smallest by far, and such a darling. The other mini I got with him chose to hang out with my other minis and left him by himself before I moved him. It's nice that she's getting along with everyone so well. My Nigerian dwarf doe only had one kid yesterday, which is strange, but it's a very good-sized one! Maybe tomorrow I'll get some pictures taken and update my blog- there are some pictures of all the minis on there already. I also had to take another pup to the vet, same symptoms as the other, but not near as sick, so I'm trying to be hopeful.

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Busy busy busy! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page