Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Ducks in trees! Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  3:49:01 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Yep, ducks in trees. I thought DH was just seeing things last year. So this spring he again announces Ducks in trees. Yea, right, how would they hang on. They have web feet!!!!! Ducks do not hang out in trees! So then my son sees them, and a couple of my DH's customers see them. Then one morning he comes running in the house yelling "DUCKS IN TREES"!!!! Sure enough ducks in trees. Ducks in trees the funniest sight you have every seen. Yes, they land on branches, very little branches some times. This morning before I left for work after a few days of not seeing them here they are, "Ducks In Trees". As my oldest says when I'm IMing him in Korea, I say ducks in trees he says, Pigs in sky. Is he projecting the future? Tomorrow when I wake will pigs be in the trees? I am so confused!!!!! But I have seen them with my own eyes. Ducks do sit in trees! Big branches, little branches, but in trees!!!!!

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  6:25:42 PM  Show Profile
It's probably a wood duck. They nest in trees. Actually have little claws on their web feet to help them do this. People build wood duck boxes over water to accomadate them. They will push the babies out when they are ready and they land in the water (usually : ) Other diving ducks will land in trees also. JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  6:52:39 PM  Show Profile
We have Wood Ducks here, it is funny to see them in trees looks so out of place.
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  05:06:10 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Yep they are wood ducks. It's funny to see them hanging out in the trees. We don't have any water for about 2 miles or so. We're thinking they are just passing through on their morning flight. We do have lots of dead trees for them and who ever to nest in. As a matter of fact we leave many of our dead trees standing just for that reason.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Ducks in trees! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page