Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 17 2008 :  9:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hey Night Owls! How do you fill your evening?

To day has been rough, Nora is teething pretty hard and for some reason the seems to make her less coordinated than usual, plus she is more sensitive than normal so that equals more crying and more tantrums. She is usually a pretty sweet tempered child so it always throws me for a loop when she acts up.

So tonight I am taking it easy, or trying to. I have gotten a lot of sorting and organizing done. This move is a lot of work, but I think we need it as we have _way_to_much_stuff_. It shouldn't be this much work to keep our house organized!

I have uncovered some of my rags for rag rugs, so I think I am going to crochet one tonight. I think I have a program on DVR that needs watching and it will be a good way to unwind. :D Good thing rag rugs don't take up much space! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 17 2008 :  10:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I am folding laundry and checking the blog. We were out at a wine event tonight and of course worked at the farmers market today so I just unwinding a little and trying to get some chores done.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  10:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
When I am in school, I usually have to do homework :( But now that it is summer time I can get back to scrapbooking...it's nice--after the kids go to bed I pull my scrap out and let my mind wander...so much fun.

Dirt under my nails and weeds in my hair...don't tell me I can't dress up with flair!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  10:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I so need to get Nora's scrap book started! Yet another project that has to wait I suppose! I love doing scrap books though! They are so much fun! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  3:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
I need to start Addison's as well...but we're going thru the teething war as well, so it is gonna have to wait.

Dirt under my nails and weeds in my hair...don't tell me I can't dress up with flair!
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  4:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I either do housework or watch tv, check the net, or read a book, or all of the above at the same time while texting on the phone :-p

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - May 18 2008 :  10:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
I usually work in my studio.........Or If I am into a good book, I read.... Or I check out the Farmgirl Connection and see what's up with everyone!! I do plan to start putting together some scrapbooks..............I have hundreds of pictures that I really, really, want to start putting together!!! Sooooo I will have yet another option for my "Can't Sleep" nights!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  05:58:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Last night I was up late with hubby pouring over the job listings for Billings. He is going to have a long day of calling and sending resumes, but that is all to the good as far as we are concerned! We have a lead on one job that would be so amazing! He wouldn't lose any pay at all and it would be a job that would be a better fit for his personality than any have been before.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  9:00:58 PM  Show Profile
I was up late last night embroidering a tea towel, and watching Witness on tv..I have seen that movie so many times (all on tv, too!!) and always watch it again if I see it is on. I have another tea towel nearly done too...will complete it tonight. I have been reading a silly novel too..but loving it anyhow.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 19 2008 :  9:29:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jenny- That sounds like a great time! I love reading silly novels when I have the time and not much feels better than getting some crafts done!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  8:58:12 PM  Show Profile
I do all of the above too! (except the teething babies. My babies are 18, almost 17 and almost 13 now) I like to put on one of my favorite movies, turned down low, when the hubby and the boys are loudly snoring. I will work on some sort of project (though for some reason I never FINISH them!) or read a book, or write my OWN story! It's my time to just si and dream about the next project I want to try (and probably never finish EITHER, but at least I can say I learned how to do it! LOL), or about what to name the newest baby born on the farm, or what farm animal I want to raise next....

Shh.....! Don't tell my husband! He HATES animals!-- that's probably why I have so many of them. (can you hear me snickering?) Half the time he doesn't even notice when something new shows up. I've usually had it (or THEM) for a few weeks by the time he finally does. Do you think he'll notice a llama? I don't have one of those yet. Hmm.... (he! he! he!) Hey, he does the same thing with boats. I mean, how many BOATS can one man have? (last count was six. One of them is actually crammed up in the rafters of the barn. My chickens roost on the tarp covering it and have actually hatched out several batches (and GENERATIONS) of chicks up there!) I guess it's the same as asking "how many SHEEP (or goats, or chickens, or horses, or cats or dogs..... well, you get the picture) can a girl have?" Anyway, to here's to all the other "Night Owl's" out there! ~~ Hugs! Tracy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  06:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tracey-

You have me laughing so hard! Oh my gosh! I am betting that is going to be how Doug and I are going to be. He has firmly said "Don't expect me to do the work for the animals" meaning the horses and such I plan on having. I told him that if we start raising beef or chickens for food and I am sick I sure will expect him to make sure the animals get fed! He said that was fine- he just didn't want to be getting up at 4 am to go muck out stalls and stuff on a regular basis.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 21 2008 :  6:24:31 PM  Show Profile
I do nearly EVERYTHING with the animals myself. But! I have found that if I want his help with something, like cramming a pill down a sheeps throat (which really DOES require two people) or putting up a fence etc... I start the work right there in front of him. He's one of those men who thinks the ONLY way to do something is HIS way. Well.... since I DON'T do things HIS way, he ends up taking over. I just leave him to it, mosey on into the house, enjoy a glass of ice tea and put my feet up while he does it allllll HIS WAY!!! Pretty sneaky huh? That's I trick I've learned after being married to a VERY stubborn man for 18 years! But shhh.... don't tell him! (HE! HE! HE!) ~~ Tracy
Go to Top of Page

MarySueK
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

Susan
Richland WA
96 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  09:45:19 AM  Show Profile
Ha ha Tracy - we must be married to the same man! To get mine to help, I can ask til I'm blue in the face, or start pulling out the ladder and power tools - then he's thinking I'll do it all wrong, so he'll usually drag himself out of his book or computer.
Sue
Go to Top of Page

DearMildred
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Amanda
Tulsa OK
USA
223 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  7:04:29 PM  Show Profile
This is sage advice, if I ever manage to settle down I will refer back. :D Men!

~Amanda in OK~

Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered by your old nonsense. -Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  8:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I wish this worked with mine. He is a "Your project, your problem" type of guy!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  9:03:01 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Night Owls,
I'm just checking in to see what's happening. Ya gave me some smiles and nice laughs! Love to enjoy your lives with ya. LOL
I can't sleep so I know where to go for company...right here with you!
:-)

"NEVER underestimate the power of a woman."
farmgirl #71 Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  06:43:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Last night I had to turn in my "night owl membership badge" at least for the night. I sent Nora to bed and I was following right behind at 9pm!! Unfortunately, she decided she needed extra help going to sleep, so after dozing for half an hour, I was up again until 10- but then right back to bed!!! It felt soooo good!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 23 2008 :  8:56:15 PM  Show Profile
Susan-- no, I don't think we married the same man. My husband was a worker bee in a former life. He was also never a child I think. Everything with him is WORK. There is no such thing as PLAY. He does use the computer, but it's ONLY to buy and sell things. (Mostly he BUYS. Drives me NUTS!!!) I've only ever seen him read a book for about 15mins, then he's out like a light. I think he reads to fall asleep. As for me, I pick up a book and I'm lost for HOURS! I LOVE to read. I'm such a sucker for sappy Historical Romances. Judith Mcnaught is one of my faves-- as are Kathleen Woodiweiss (sp?) ("The Flame and the Flower
is the SWEETEST book!) Johanna Lindsay and Dorothy Garlock. I've also read every book Patricia Cornwell has ever written and am a HUGE fan of Tess Garritson. Both write Medical/crime novels. VERY Fascinating-- though can be a bit gory fromm a "medical" standpoint. (I'm an MA by trade, so that stuff fascinates me!)

Alee dear, can't help you with your DH. You'll just have to keep trying to figure out a way to sucker him into things. How does he react when you CRY? (He..he...he) ~~Tracy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  07:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh man Tracy- I cry and his world falls apart. He is a big softy at heart. But if I want help with something, I have to get him to agree to it before hand. He sees the "poor damsel in distress" a mile away and takes a wide berth. I think it's because he knows that most of the time I am so gosh darned determined to do things myself! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Hey Night Owls! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page