Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Moscow, Idaho class on pasture management
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Moscow, Idaho class on pasture management Next Topic  

MaryJane
Queen Bee

16373 Posts

MaryJane
Moscow Idaho
USA
16373 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  6:41:34 PM  Show Profile
"PASTURE MANAGEMENT FOR SMALLER ACREAGES"

University of Idaho Extension will host a two part workshop on pasture management for small acreage landowners on May 21 and 22, 2008. The workshop will be held in the main exhibit building of the Latah County Fairgrounds, 1021 Harold Street in Moscow, Idaho. Class sessions will run from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm each evening.
Instructors from University of Idaho Extension and the Latah County Weed Supervisor will present information to help owners of pastureland manage the challenges and opportunities they face with these land parcels. Topics will include pasture planning and establishment, soils and fertility, weed control, stocking and grazing systems, facilities, variety selection and pasture management costs. A three-ring binder full of pasture management information is provided for each participant.

Pre-registration is required for this meeting. The registration cost for this workshop is $30 to cover the cost of materials and refreshments.

Please call the Latah County Extension office at 208-883-2267 to register.

The workshop is open to anyone interested in these topics.
Mark your calendars today. Please pre-register by May 19. Those individuals requesting special accommodations should contact Cinda Williams by May 16, 2008 at 208-883-2267 Come and sharpen your pasture management skills.

The University of Idaho provides equal opportunity in education and employment on the basis of race. We offer our programs to persons regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability, or status as a Vietnam-era veteran.

Cinda Williams
University of Idaho
Latah County Extension
PO Box 8068
Moscow, Idaho 83843
208-883-2267
cindaw@uidaho.edu

MaryJane, Farmgirl #1 Plowin' Thru ~ giving aprons a good wrap for 45 years and counting ~

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  9:34:38 PM  Show Profile
That sounds real interesting. I wish and hope I could make it. I took a class a pasture management class last fall/winter given by WSU Extension agency and Beef Something (?) anyway it was for small acreage landowners and was vey interesting, thought provoking and I learned stuff. So if anyone has a chance to go---DO IT. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  9:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
MaryJane,
I hope it is ok to print this and take to the farmers Market tomorrow....Great Info!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Moscow, Idaho class on pasture management Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page