corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  12:52:26 PM  Show Profile
I have been reading and in a few instances participating in the discussion on immunizations. What really has stood out to me and what I felt needed to be stated on is how proud I am to be part of the Farm Girl Connection.

We come from around the world, from every different background and race but there is one big thing we all have in common. WE ARE ALL DOING THE BEST WE CAN. It doesn't matter if we immunize or dont, give birth at home or in the middle of the biggest hospital in the world, live in an apartment in New York or a farm in Idaho. What matters is we are making the decissions that are true to who we are and our families. I for one appreciate our wonderful diversity FARM GIRLS RULE

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  1:11:39 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yep!! That is what I love about this website Tamara. I belonged to another supposedly open minded forum and the minute I went against the majority, I was attacked. Then the forum changed "management" and I got banned for "extreme" thinking. Now, I know I am nutty and crazy but sheesh. Here at MJ's, we can talk about all different view points and no one judges or is harsh. I think MJ's is more about the spirit and education through learning, loving and accepting. I picture everyone as my sisters, aunts, mom's, who each play an important role in my life. I don't take anything personally here, I take it all in and I actually get more upset when no one posts an answer to something I have asked because I value everyone's opinion here.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  8:42:46 PM  Show Profile
Well said Heather, that is pretty much how I feel as well.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  09:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I feel the same. It is what makes us such a great group. the divercity and the mutual respect we all have for one another....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  11:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Sorry to be replying so late in this discussion....I just found it!!..... but I second what Rene said.....it really is what makes the Farm Girl Connection such a desirable place to be! It is nice to know that everyone feels you can learn from each other, grow from the knowledge of diversified opinions and accept each other for their differences. A GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT!!!

Until Later,
Audrey

~ Side by side or miles apart....dear friends are always close to the heart ~
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  08:58:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Can I just add... recently I had the honor to meet some of the farmgirls in person.... and "THEY" were exactly what I expected.. they were the same people in person as they had represented to be on the blog.. Call me a pessimist if you must.. but those that know me a little know.. I am a "looker at 'er", I sit in the back and watch for a while before I jump in... .and it literally brought me to tears to know that, that in what sometimes feels like such a messed up world... Here in our corner of the world... we Just "Are".. thanks for that..........I guess that is why I tell everyone I can about this place and about the farmgirl movement. in a world of elusions and marketing and lack of truth in advertisment.. Here.... we get the real thing......and I would rather disagree with a farmsister then find any kind of kinship with someone who isnt "real"...... Hope I said this in a way that is understandable... but it has been emotional for me and honoring.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Bfriday
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Jessica
Miles TX
125 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  2:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Bfriday an AOL message
I agree! I think we are all very different yet, we seem to be like-minded in the things we put our energy, hearts and faith into. We all seem to have a common thread that binds us together and that is why we all mesh so well...it is living simply, being genuine, and giving to others that makes us "farmgirls" and that gives us a common bond. We are individual and have opinions but the basic farmgirl traits bring us together and allow us to truely enjoy eachothers friendship! So glad I found you all!! (:

Farmgirl Sister #188
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Doin' The Best We Can Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page