julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  12:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted you to all know that we got home last Thursday! Aria is doing SUPER!!!! She hasn't felt this good in a long long time. She hasn't vomited since Thursday, which is a record for sure! Funny how good you feel once you're off chemo for a while. Her counts are still way low so she can not resume chemo until they come up again and she has a better immune system to work with. If everything goes as planned she begins her last major phase of treatment on May 16th. It should last 8 weeks and it is going to be the worst one yet I'm scared to pieces and at the same time confident that we'll make it through ok. I feel lucky having gone into the hospital when we did since I was able to establish some wonderful relationships with the nurses there. I am completely confident in the care they give.

While in the hospital I was able to convert at least 2 more people to "The Church of Each Other" aka MaryJane's Farm. I gave one of our nurses the Artists in Aprons magazine, which she devoured and told her all about this site. I found out later that she and another nurse were checking out this site while at work! Totally made my day!! Very lovely people for sure!

After Aria finishes this phase of treatment, then we start the 2 year maintenance chemo treatment, which is still chemo every day but less and fewer clinic visits. In this next phase of treatment she will be taking up to 9 chemo drugs plus other meds to deal with side effects and we'll be in clinic every week and sometimes every day for a week. It is grueling but do-able. The maintenance part of treatment is more like 2 chemo drugs daily with side-effect meds (Aria normally take 2 of these) and monthly clinic visits.

I wouldn't be honest if I didn't admit that I'm tired. It's a weird kind of tired too. It isn't the kind of tired you feel after working really hard or doing something really physical. This kind of tired is a lot like airport waiting area tired. It is a bored kind of tired. Aria's counts are so low that she can't go outside, which means neither can I. She also can't be in public places or have friends over and so forth. She's too weak and tired to do many activities so she naps quite a bit. The baby is so busy and demanding that I have barely 5 minutes of uninterrupted time so it's hard to start anything, particularly anything creative. I'm tired because I'm bored and don't quite know what to do with myself. I'm tired because I'm worried and I'm worried because I'm inactive and not creative right now. It is a short-lived aspect of my life right now, but still, there it is! Send me some good "wake up" vibes please!!

Much love to you all, ~julia hayes

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  12:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Great to hear Julia. All my (((HUGS))), prayers and best wishes are being sent your way. Give Aria a big hug.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  1:02:44 PM  Show Profile
Smooches from the farm sweetie!!!!! It was so wonderful meeting you! like long lost sisters! I'm gonna try to get over next weekto help you out!!!! love u! Hugs!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
It's wonderful that you two are home and Aria's feeling better. And that's such a blessing that you have good nurses you can feel confident in. Prayers will continue!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  1:29:56 PM  Show Profile
Yay for being home! I'm so glad to hear that Aria is doing better. It's okay to be tired and weary. You have been through so much over these past months. Just take each day for what it is and things will work out. And how about you totally rocking at sharing MJF!! Whoo-hoo. More farmgirls!

(((hugs))) to you and Aria!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  1:55:40 PM  Show Profile
I really really admire your strength and your can do outlook. I really think a lot of us could not hold up near as well as you have and are. We are all very proud of you, and for the example you are showing of the strength that is in all of us if we reach for it and not give up. Hope you are getting and asking for some outside help. When someone can be there to stay with the kids for a bit go out and play in the dirt, or for heaven sakes go take a nap.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  5:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
So glad to hear from you! Me, the girls and Mom have been sending blessings everyday.

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  5:55:15 PM  Show Profile
So glad you are feeling so good Aria!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  6:46:07 PM  Show Profile
so glad that Aria is doing good again. oh happy dance. now Julia..I know and you know..and evereyone here knows that you have an incredible knack for writing. I suggest that when you are bored..write...write it all out.
This journey you are on is a story worth telling.
I know it is a hard story to be living through..but it can actually wind up being a blessing to others who may one day face the same thing.
blessings to you and your family.
hugs to all.
oh I am so thrilled that Aria is doing better.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  7:22:23 PM  Show Profile
Julia I am so glad to hear that both of you are home and the Aria is doing better. Know that many people are sending positive thoughts and wishes your way.

I know that hospitals, doctors and illness can be mentally draining. That kind of tired is very different too. I like what Tina said about writing. That would be a great way to get some release. Also take a little bit of time for yourself. You need to recharge so that you can continue to be the guiding light for your family. Meditation - even for a few minutes - can help recharge. Take your shoes off, stand barefoot in the yard and BREATH. There is something that happens when bare feet touch the earth. It is almost like negative energy is pulled out of you and positive energy is brought back.

Positive Thoughts and Blessings to both of you and lots of {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits

Edited by - corporatefarmgirl on May 07 2008 7:23:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  4:22:29 PM  Show Profile
You ladies are just tremendous! Thank you!!! your words of encouragement feel like a warm bath for my psyche! I feel soothed and comforted. Tina, you are so sweet to suggest I write more. I am writing...all the time. I have written over 300 pages of this story already. Your confidence in me is powerful and I will continue to write. I will also add that I received my first rejection letter from a magazine. I had submitted an 'article' I wrote about this experience and received the nicest rejection email! I had to take the leap and despite being rejected I feel great and the writing still feels right. It has proven yet another exercise in humility and suppressing the ego, which is something I seek, especially as it relates to me detailing this story. I want it raw, pure and honest. I'm heading in the right direction and fortunately I have your tender fingers gently nudging me this way and that so that I never falter off course.

Nancy, your words are also powerful. Strong....I don't consider myself strong nor do I consider myself its counterpart. I am grounded and perhaps that is a strength of sorts. I'll have to think about it some more. "to be strong...what does this mean?" I have to admit that I'm struggling to ask for help. I need to think about that some more and write about it. I'll include that process here when it comes together. Thank you for the reminder though. I do need help but I need greater humility to ask for it!

Friends, you are so good for me and I thank you! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  8:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Julie, thanks for sharing the GREAT news!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic We're Home! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page