Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Enlarging the pattern to 400%..please help!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Enlarging the pattern to 400%..please help! Next Topic  

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  1:22:33 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I've got a laser printer that enlarges to 400%...I know all printers can be different but they all have the same basic functions too...so having said that, After I set the enlargement to 400%...where or what preference do I set to get it to print out multiple sheets so I can tape them together?

I know I've done this in the past but its obviously been long enough ago that I don't remember..LOL

So please give me some feedback on how you are doing it...I can always go to the copy center but figured since I'm looking at a machine that should be able to do this....

Thanks in advance...

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  1:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Stephanie!

There should be a mark on your copier that says "place corner of paper here" that is the reference point that your copier will use. Some basic copiers you have to do the moving and copying yourself, but the super fancy ones scan the image and will print out all the sheets for you.

If you have to move it around yourself here is my suggestion:
What I would do is copy that pattern off the sheet at a 1:1 ratio- the same size as in the book- then mark lines on the patter at one inch intervals and number them. Then copy your copy at 400%. The one inch interval marks should help you know how much you have to move the pattern over to get the next copy just right.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  2:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Alee! You'd think this laser printer I've got would just do it for what I paid for this thing..LOL I'm going to go read a little bit and see it there's a setting someplace else that I'm missing otherwise....

I'll just take it to Kinko's and have them do it before going through all those steps..

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  3:35:17 PM  Show Profile
i took my three patterns to a copy mart and it cost $16 to have them do and and I figured it's worth it because the cost of the patterns is so reasonable. They had one of those fancy machines that just did it all in one shot. I just have to tape the pieces together, cut them out and then transfer the pattern to muslin for a permanent pattern. Tomorrow is suppose to be rainy, so provided my neck and head are feeling better, I am making a couple of aprons!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs:
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com/
http://youtube.com/profile?user=GaiasRose
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  8:58:50 PM  Show Profile
Good going Tasha!, I'm gonna take mine to Kinko's tomorrow!

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page

MelissaAnn
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Melissa
Sumter SC
USA
14 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  2:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Send MelissaAnn a Yahoo! Message
I took one of the apron patterns to Staples and it only cost $3.00. The lady copied it on the really large machine that made one huge sheet of paper like folded patterns come. It is great.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  11:40:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow Melissa, that's great..I'll have to see if there's a Staples around here.

Stephanie
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Enlarging the pattern to 400%..please help! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page