Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 Sheesh! My mag saga kinda dovetails w/shop theft.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Sheesh! My mag saga kinda dovetails w/shop theft. Next Topic  

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  7:03:20 PM  Show Profile
For those of you that are aware that I have been singing a little silly ditty on my trek to the mailbox each day, hoping desperately to find that my MJF magazine had finally arrived, I have an expanded tale to tell.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8519&whichpage=6
The long version follows, but the short version is that singing didn't work - gosh darn it! I am convinced it was/is my voice. For those with nothing else to do, here's the whole story...

In a recent post, MaryJane enlisted a "subscription Posse" and through it, I found out that no magazine was coming to my mailbox! Singing was for naught. All has been rectified going forward but I wanted a magazine, & I wanted it now! So I went (silently - not singing) to my &local Borders, Barnes and Noble and the health food store where I purchased my first MJF magazine thereby discovering the whole farmgirl phenomenon. Nothing, nada, zilch. I expanded my perimeter determined to hit every Borders and B&N in San Diego County. What with the price of gas, I think I unintentionally de-greened the magazine. Oh well, for that I am Sorry!
In the meanwhile, midweek, thieves stole my outgoing customer orders from my mailbox right before the mailgal got to my house. I saw them drive off with my merchandise and gave chase in my car while on the phone with the sheriffs dept. If a fire hadn't broken out somewhere nearby, a sheriff would have taken over the chase for me, but the fire took precedence over my little troubles and I was told to let the bad guys go and return home to meet up with the sheriff later to give my statement. I did give my statement, called the postal inspector as well, and repeated my story many times over.
I was asked repeatedly if I was missing any incoming mail and I said I didn't think so...I was expecting a magazine but had already found out it wasn't coming and I was expecting a check...(btw- check came today). This info was duly noted by law enforcement.

On Thursday, I drove to downtown San Diego to present a "Herbs of the Bible" talk to a church group and by the time I got on the road home traffic was thick. I gladly pulled off the freeway, out of the traffic, to check a Barnes & Noble I hadn't been to yet and to use the restroom. And guess what? Yep - they had a copy of the new issue of MJF. I finally found a copy. And I sang! Hallelujah. I headed back to the freeway a very happy farmgirl. I was 30 miles from home and still in rush hour traffic. It was stop n' go, bumper to bumper & I was wishing I could read my magazine. It was in the passenger seat calling my name so I put it where I could at least read the cover ( in the center console) when the cell phone rang. It was the detective taking over my "case" from the sheriff and he wanted to ask me some questions. He said is this a good time to talk? "Well", I admitted, "I am driving (I didn't, I couldn't, I wouldn't admit to reading a magazine too) but it is stop n' go, so I'm technically very safe". He laughed and said, "Great, besides, you have 'til June 'til the phone driving law changes". (If he only knew, I was reading, talking and driving! What law covers that?) He proceeded to ask me many of the questions I had already answered. I explained again that my outgoing mail was stolen not my incoming, and said "NO, no magazine was stolen...."
He must've liked what he heard, because apparently, next week I am going to look at a photo lineup to see if I can pick out the driver of the car that stole my mail.
If I ever find out that my magazine was indeed stolen, I will hunt them down & prosecute to the enth degree! But for now, I'll let the detective do the work 'cause I have a magazine to read.
Cheers, Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  7:08:04 PM  Show Profile
Wow! I hope you enjoyed your magazine... I can't wait to receive mine in the mail... I will keep my eyes open for mailbox thieves. Hopefully you catch who it was!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 03 2008 :  8:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
AAAHHH!! What a farmgirl won't do for her MJ magazine!!! And I lived in Oceanside, so I understand the traffic issue...I am glad things are looking up for you!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

miss wilma
True Blue Farmgirl

3410 Posts

Wilma
Knob Lick Ky
USA
3410 Posts

Posted - May 25 2008 :  07:31:18 AM  Show Profile
Chessie now this is just not fair to happen to one of the sweetiest girls ever

Farm Girl #96

http://www.picturetrail.com/misswilmasplace

http://misswilma.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 27 2008 :  6:38:19 PM  Show Profile
I live in Julian and I feel your traffic pain every time we go down the hill! I'm so sorry that you had a theft from your mail box! Glad you finally got your magazine though :) Let us know how you did with the line up...
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic Sheesh! My mag saga kinda dovetails w/shop theft. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page