Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 Cleaning Outdoor swing cushions and pillows
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Cleaning Outdoor swing cushions and pillows Next Topic  

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  12:18:28 PM  Show Profile
How do you clean these items? They're considered "outdoor" fabric, but it says to spot clean (WHAT?) them...

Do you think it would be dumb to put them in my front loader and then dry on extra low with some tennis balls? I would think they're pretty hearty.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  1:06:58 PM  Show Profile
I just cleaned my porch today!!!! I sprayed my white swing with clorox two. I put towels underneath,so the drippings would not ruin the porch wood floor. I dust mopped the porch, and the pollen just flew when I beat the mop. I windexed my glass table, and the windows, and the railings. As for the cushion spots - Resolve and a damp cloth. It works great, and better than trying to stuff them into the washer.

Enjoy your porch!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  7:23:48 PM  Show Profile
I would NOT put them in the washer. The foam will break apart in the washer. A good scrub with your favorite cleanser and a spray down with a high power hose should take care of it.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 04 2008 :  6:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Alright, I hosed them down this afternoon and have left them out in the sun to dry. I'm hoping they dry quickly...that swing cushion is tuffted and is quite heavy!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Cleaning Outdoor swing cushions and pillows Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page