Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Nora needs some Love! *Update #2* First Post
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Nora needs some Love! *Update #2* First Post Next Topic
Page: of 2

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  11:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora has been doing GREAT! She never got the cough or the wheezing. Just a strawberry tongue and the fever. I took her to her follow up visit yesterday and she was given a clean bill of health! I am so very happy! This could have been so much worse and it wasn't. Thank you all so much for you love and concern.

Her fever broke in the night. This morning I woke to the happy sounds of her reading a book to herself in her room. I just lay in bed listening and smiling. She was perfectly happy and it has been a while since she woke happy. When I finally did go pick her up- the first thing I noticed was that she wasn't burning up. I checked her temp- Normal! Yay! Her appetite has returned and she is back to her normal nap time. All of her clothes and everything now needs to be washed in hot water with vinegar to kill the virus so it doesn't re-infect. She probably still isn't 100%, but having that awful fever break is huge! A gigantic weight has been lifted off my shoulders! Thank you for all the love! Please continue to send good thoughts our way as she isn't out of the woods yet. But we are seeing the blue sky beyond!

Nora got sick last night- hard time breathing with congestion and general fussiness. This morning she felt hot so I took her temp- 102! So I took her to the doctor. They didn't do anything- just said it was "probably viral- treat the symptoms" so tonight I was holding her and she felt scorching! So I checked her temp again- 105!! I quickly wiped her down with a cool rag and it soaked her shirt and we raced back to the doctor- missing them by maybe 10 minutes. So we went to the ER where we had to wait for 2 hours just to get a room in the ER. Then another 2 1/2 hours for diagnosis and release.

Nora has RSV.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/respiratory/rsvfeat.htm
It is a respiratory virus that can cause lasting damage- even asthma and repeated attacks through out life. My niece got sick with this very young and now has horrible asthma. Please send good thoughts/healing light/prayers to whatever you believe in- for Nora's health and recovery.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on May 07 2008 3:37:01 PM

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  12:27:28 AM  Show Profile
oh poor baby..and mama too.
we went through something similar when my little boy was 9 months old..only he had croup.
gosh Alee...
remember to use a humidifier near her bed.
and when she has fever ... bath time is good..just climb in the bathtub with her to get that body temperature down.
If she is all stopped up..don't give her any milk products at all.
One thing that helps is to use baby nasal drops and use an aspirator to suck the boogers out.
She won't like you putting the saline solution in her nose..and she'll hate the aspirator..but it keeps it flowing and keeps it from clogging in her nose.Pedialyte and plenty of water is good.One thing that helps too is to sit in the bathroom..shut the door and turn your shower on pure hot water...hold Nora on the commode in your lap..and what you'll do is run the shower with the shower curtain closed then open the curtain once the steam has begun to really build up in the room...you want to create a "sauna" type feel to the room ..and just sit there and let Nora breathe...it really does help..this is what I did for my son Ian when he had that croup that honestly nearly killed him..dr. prescribed wrong meds and he had allergic reaction...we had the steroid shot and nearly had to have oxygen tent for our poor baby.ER dr's said use a humidifier and steam room.
oh poor baby...great big hugs to you both.
will say a prayer for you both.
I have been where you are. hugs sweet mama.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  12:33:59 AM  Show Profile
I meant to say..we had the steroid treatment..it was a breathing treatment in a tank..and I think they may have given him a shot too..but they definitely gave him the breathing treatment...
its been so long ago..and he is doing fine..no asthma or breathing problems.
So..hon..I'll definitely..most definitely keep baby Nora in my thoughts.
It is so very scary to see a baby have a hard time breathing.
hugs.

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  05:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Lots of liquids, a little tylenol to bring the fever down, humidifiers all around or stand in a steamy bathroom, take her out where it is cool outside- even for a minute (wrap her up and let her breathe), can even use your refrigerator cold air in a pinch!!

(((HUGS)))

I have been through Croup twice and both times, Charlie needed to get medication from the doctor.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  06:54:53 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry to hear Nora is ill. Please give her a big hug & kiss from me! I hope this passes quickly and no residual effects linger.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  06:57:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh sweetie!!! hugs to you both!!! Sometimes I think its hardest on Mama!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  07:24:11 AM  Show Profile
Bless her heart. Sending hugs from GA for both of you.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  07:35:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ladies-

She is burning up with fever and will probably be sick for 8-14 days. When her fever is down she is playful and energetic like normal, but when the fever is up- poor baby. She gets emotional and lethargic and very clingy.

Luckily I have to do laundry and our dryer vents into the house so soon our whole house will be warm and steamy. :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt T
True Blue Farmgirl

73 Posts

Tricia
Robinson Illinois
USA
73 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  07:39:44 AM  Show Profile
Hugs to you and little Nora! I am sending healing energy to her now!

Wish It, Dream It, Do It!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  08:08:55 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I'm sorry Nora is not feeling well. I hope she's doing better soon. I'll keep you all in my prayers, and I'm sending hugs and healing thoughts your way.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  08:44:40 AM  Show Profile
Healing thoughts coming your way. Hope she's feeling better this morning.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  09:19:04 AM  Show Profile
Alee When my son was Noras age and had a high fever the doctor told me to put him in a lukewarm bath and feed him a popsicle. It did help to bring it down and the popsicle provided some of the fluids that he needed with a fever. Give her lots and lots of fluids.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  09:21:31 AM  Show Profile
Hugs and blessings to you and Nora!

Kim

" Life's A Garden- Dig It! " Joe Dirt
Go to Top of Page

marmieto12
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

laura
utah
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  10:38:50 AM  Show Profile
Hugs for Nora. Sounds like you are getting some great advice. Be gentle to yourself Alee during Nora's illness.

Laura;Dreaming of big girl farm...

Farmgirl # 148

http://lilsfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

Chapter http://justsimplythegirls.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  12:10:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee...praying for Nora AND you!! ((hugs))

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Meg
Moderator/Farmgirl True

974 Posts

Meg
Idaho
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  12:33:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee, Stella and I are sending lots of LOVE to you and sweet Nora.

MaryJane's daughter,

Meg
megan@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  2:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks so much everyone. It means the world to me and to Nora. When she isn't running a temp it is hard to remember she is sick- she is just her self. The doctor says she will probably be sick for 2 weeks. I know, in comparison to all the things it could have been (Thank Goodness that it wasn't Meningitis!!) this is relatively minor and will pass. I am just worried sick that it will give her asthma or some other lung problem. She is so active and is 100% fearless and I can't imagine her not being able to do everything she wants to do. My niece is the same way, and even with breathing treatments and inhalers, she still can't do too much activity or get too wound up or she starts having to strain to breathe and coughs.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2008 :  2:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh Alee, it sure sucks when they are sick doesn't it?

Please be careful, that RSV is nothing to mess with and be downright scary, as you are well aware. (105 temp= terrifying!!!)
I will keep you guys in my prayers, and hope that she will be feeling much better very soon.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  11:26:28 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I hope Miss Nora is feeling better and sending out positive energy that she will be the "exception" and not develop the chronic problems as she grows up.

Love and Hugs to the both of you...

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  12:10:21 AM  Show Profile
Alee,
hugz to both you & little miss nora,,,,,

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
mjf#72
Sisters on the Fly#472
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
www.katmom44.blinkz.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  05:59:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh poor baby girl! My prayers and hugs are to both of you and especially healing light to Nora.
I hope that she feels better and recovers soon and completely.

Hugs and love
Annika
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  10:38:18 AM  Show Profile
Hey Alee,

Sending you both (((hugs))) and prayers that she recovers quickly. I know it breaks our hearts when they get sick. I remember my mom telling me that when my brother and I got sick she always wished it were her instead of us Now I do the same thing in wishing it were me instead of my boys. Being a mom is no easy job as we all know. But the rewards sure are priceless! Give that sweet little girl of yours a hug for me and please look after yourself as well. It is so easy to forget about you, when you are taking care of everyone else. Also, please keep us posted on how you are both doing.
Take care,
Marcy

It is never too late to be what you might have been.

Farmgirl #170
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  7:30:15 PM  Show Profile
so glad that little
Miss Nora is doing better..yay!

visit me at:
and at www.stliving.net
Go to Top of Page

BarnChickCecily
True Blue Farmgirl

673 Posts

Cecily
Corydon IN
USA
673 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  6:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Hello Alee, I hope Nora is feeling better. I was reading thru the posts and my heart goes out to you. I am 30 weeks pregnant with my first child and stuff like this scares me. I am glad to know that I can post my questions on here and get lots of support. I want you to know that I am praying for you and Nora. Hang in there.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  6:35:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Cecily- actually she is all better! She got a clean bill of health at the doctor yesterday! Hurray! And congrats on your baby on the way!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - May 07 2008 :  10:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee, what a relief!! I am so glad to read she is doing so much better!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Nora needs some Love! *Update #2* First Post Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page