Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Wedding Party Dresses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Wedding Party Dresses Next Topic  

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  2:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Our son is getting married on May 10th. I'm in the mist of making my dress, 18dd - bridesmaid (vogue patterned, lined in silky fabirc) & 15dd - guest book shrug & tie to go with a dress she already has.
And I just finished 9 ties for groom, dad's, groomsmen, brother & grandpa.
I'll try & post pics as they are finished. Wish me luck.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

Farmgirl Sister #97

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  4:42:09 PM  Show Profile
definitely post pictures.....my neice is getting married in may of next year (2009).....i love all this wedding stuff, it's so fun to look at!
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:48:08 AM  Show Profile
My sister wanted ME to make her wedding dress, but I totally balked at the idea. I'm very impatient with a sewing machine, but I LOVE to handstitch things. Even CURTAINS!!!

Kudos to you Kritine for taking on such a task. It makes things so much more special when they are made by LOVING hands!!! And YES, please post pictures!!! ~~ Tracy

ps, my sister is ALREADY married, but she wants a FORMAL wedding with all the bells and whistles, but not until 2010!! (Long story I'm afraid) I suppose if I started it now.... (LOL)
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  08:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a lot of work, but hopefully it's worth it? Make sure you post photos of all your creations! Wow, ties, too?

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  10:47:57 AM  Show Profile
Got my dress done...it turned out great. And I really love it. Just had to add a "modesty shield" to the v of the wrap, so mom doesn't show too much. :)

Bridemaid dress has been a bear, with silkly slippery fabric & crazy vogue patterns (I usually like them) But thank goodness that the Spirit told me in the morning what to do & how to get it to fit better. Just really love those early morning inspirations & that nothing is too small for God to be concerned with.

I plan on getting that dress done today. We're also getting the house touched-up & cleaned. And the list is made with everyone's name & assignments.

Onward....

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - May 02 2008 :  10:16:14 AM  Show Profile
Don't you LOVE it when the Holy Spirit whispers in your ear? He keeps me from a lot of frustration. I think that's why I told my sister NO WAY when she asked me to make HER wedding dress. I had actually been leaning tword a different answer, but....

hey! Have you been watching the Revival going on in Flordia Kristine? It's being televised on GodTV and over the internet. It's ABSOLUTLEY AMAZING!!!! If you get the chance, check it out! It was only supposed to be for 10 days, but it's now been extended to 40 days!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Wedding Party Dresses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page