Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Chapters
 Farmgirl Chapter Chatter
 Come Cluck at the Henhouses!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Come Cluck at the Henhouses! Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  6:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Have you seen the wonderful Henhouses that MaryJane has built for us?
Come Check them out at: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/HenHouseSnitz/

The Chapters that already have a henhouse are:
Garden Gate Gals
All KY Farmgirls
Aprons of the Adirondacks
Artful Sisters
Bees Without Borders
Inner Mountian MudHens
Mountain Farmgirls of Idaho City
Nitty Gritty Farmgirls
Northern Colorado Farmgirls
Rural Utah Farmgirls
Rusty Chicks Chapter
Snoqualmie Valley Farmgirls
Southwest Wyoming Farmgirls
Steele Magnolias
The Book Worms
The Stitch'N'River Chicks
The Writer's Nook

Only FarmGirl Sisters who are part of the Sisterhood can post in the henhouses but if you haven't joined yet- you can here:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/farmgirl%2Dsisterhood/

And if you need any help joining a chapter or getting a henhouse for your chapter- just email Jen(at)maryjanesfarm.org!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  6:53:43 PM  Show Profile
alee is there anywhere where there is a list of chapters and what their focus or requirements are? There are a few chapters I didnt know existed but I'm not sure if what they are all about.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  7:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Julie!

There sure is! Go to http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Chapters/ There is a search function and you can search by state, city, zip code, or country! Once you find the chapter you are looking for, click on it and it will tell you more about it and give you a way to contact the leader! And of course, if you ever run in to any difficulties- please email me or Jen Bove and we will help you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  8:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee,
A few days ago, I joined the sisterhood.. (Yea). And I am excited about getting a Henhouse started.. I am not sure what happens next. Will the farm mail me somthing? and I need to wait for the # and patch and all that.. Or??????

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  8:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rene!

A packet comes with your sisterhood membership, so yes that will be sent to you. And sometime in the next couple of days, the farm will get you registered as a Sister here on the website and you will get a badge under your name. Also your name will be added to the Sister's roll call along with your number (not sure if they email that to you or not). So as soon as you get a number, feel free to jump on in! If you already have your eyes on a chapter that you would like to join- contact the leader and they will get to work on getting you added to their henhouse if they have one. Or if, like you said, you want to start your own Henhouse- email Jen Bove at jen@maryjanesfarm.org and let her know your chapter's name, and which members are Sisters to have posting access. Go ahead and let Jen know you have bought your membership and your information is on it's way. Welcome to the Sisterhood!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  11:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee - thanks for the info, very, very helpful! I am a chapter leader - and we are hosting a "farmgirl round" up the 24th of May... Which I am so excited about! I will email Jen! Again thanks for the info...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  4:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee,
More questions sorry... 1) I am still having trouble accessing the HenHouse.. but I will be patient.. 2) to earn badges - there are 7 catogories ( beginner intermediate and advanced)? So, to get a "each other" beginner badge, I need to do all 13 steps in the beginner level? Is that correct? Thanks

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  4:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OH.. I did get my packet... YEA!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  6:18:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rene!

Great Questions!

Under, for instance, the "Each Other" heading there are 13 different badges that you can earn. Click on each name to see the requirements to earn that particular badge. So instead of there being one badge for all of "Each other" you can actually earn 13 badges! And within each badge there is the gradients of Beginner, Intermediate, Expert.

So for another "for instance" if you like the Community Service badge but you just don't have the time for the "Connecting Growers and Eaters"- that's okay! You can pick which badges you want to strive for! I hope that answers your question?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  6:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
OK, thanks, I think I got it.. I was thinking that I had to do all thirteen beginners before I could apply..... So new question.. can I apply for the Example: "connecting Growers and Eaters", Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced... one right after the other? or do I have to complete ALL beginners before moving on to any advanced????? ..... Sorry, I know us "literal types" can "literally drive others NUTS.....

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  6:40:23 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I know this info is somewhere, but how do I get a brand new member in to the henhouse and as a member of my chapter? We have a new mudhen! who do I send her info to these days? thanks in advance I don't mean to bug you. She is a new member and has her sisterhood number ,who do I need to send her email to ??

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  7:05:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Rene!

You can apply for the beginner, intermediate and advanced one right after another. We understand that some farmgirls are going to want to do ALL the badges and some aren't going to want to do some of them- That's okay!

The only requirement is that you complete ALL of the requirement of the badge that you are working on before advancing to the next level of that badge. Basically each badge is a stand-alone item.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  7:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Annika- email Jen@maryjanesfarm.org and she can help you with all the henhouse items!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  7:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Alee,
Thank you, thank you, thank you.....I got my patch today.. SO now I need to "snaz it up"....

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  7:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I'm sure it will look great!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  7:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey maybe Nora can get a patch for a farmette....anything for creating a kefir conditioner??

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  8:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL- Maybe we will have to work on that!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  9:11:41 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I think she has been watching her momma... and thought.. "hey why not"... LOL

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - May 01 2008 :  9:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Probably!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Come Cluck at the Henhouses! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page