Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 This is our Lil' Greenhouse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic This is our Lil' Greenhouse Next Topic  

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  5:42:08 PM  Show Profile
Well farmgirls, I'm always so excited to learn about what you all do - I find it very inspiring and so encouraging. Thought I'd show you our lil' greenhouse - we've been doing this about 10 years now and we still love it so. We are just getting geared up for our season here in Kentucky so I thought I'd share a few pics with you on my blog. Hope you enjoy them!!! I'm sure there are other farmgirls out there with greenhouses - tell me about yours - I'd love to hear your stories - and I love to learn - I'm certainly NO master gardener -jus' love, love, love flowers. Thanks ahead of time for looking!!! Happy Planting my Farmgirl Friends!!!! Cathy Cobblestone

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Today is a gift, live it!

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  2:15:32 PM  Show Profile
Great blog! Such cute things. You are so creative with that GREEN THUMB of yours!!!!
I've got to learn how to do that blogging thing....
Loved the music too.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

Farmgirl Sister #97
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  3:16:01 PM  Show Profile
Cathy,
Everything looks so pretty. If you lived here or I lived there I would buy all my plants from you.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

marmieto12
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

laura
utah
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  3:53:21 PM  Show Profile
Very beautiful! I am with Nancy Jo I would come and visit if closer.

Laura;Dreaming of big girl farm...

Farmgirl # 148

http://lilsfamilyfarm.blogspot.com

Chapter http://justsimplythegirls.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  4:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
All of your flowers look so beautiful! I wish you had a place near me!! Have people started planting near you? Still a little early here.....we can get a frost till the end of May so I try to hold off until then.... but it is hard on the really beautiful days to resist getting my hands in the dirt!

Audrey
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  4:28:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Audrey, thanks so much for looking at the flowers. Yes, everybody has got spring fever 'round here and have been buying flowers for about two weeks. The weather has been great - but tonight there is a possible frost - AAAHHHHH!! We have been packing things in and covering up lil' blooms all day trying to prepare for the cold. But after tonight - it's gonna warm up so I hate to complain to much. My in-laws just visited New Mexico a couple of weeks ago - we were just looking a pics yesterday - absolutely beautiful. The monuments - I believe you call them - WOW! They really did enjoy their vacation there.

Hope you get to plant real soon!!! Have a great day! Cathy

quote:
Originally posted by Back Home Again

All of your flowers look so beautiful! I wish you had a place near me!! Have people started planting near you? Still a little early here.....we can get a frost till the end of May so I try to hold off until then.... but it is hard on the really beautiful days to resist getting my hands in the dirt!

Audrey

Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  4:33:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kristine - thanks a bunch!! I truly believe everybody has a green thumb - with a lil' practice that is. And the blogging, I'm still learning to - I just keep at it a lil' bit at a time - when time allows (which is not much right now, I have to say)! Anyway, thanks so much for visiting - I'm back off to the greenhouse!!
Have a great night! Cathy

quote:
Originally posted by herbquilter

Great blog! Such cute things. You are so creative with that GREEN THUMB of yours!!!!
I've got to learn how to do that blogging thing....
Loved the music too.

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many, MRET & Wellness Coach

Farmgirl Sister #97

Go to Top of Page

Back Home Again
True Blue Farmgirl

584 Posts

Audrey
Albuquerque New Mexico
USA
584 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  4:58:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Back Home Again an AOL message
Cathy,

I am so glad your In-Laws enjoyed New Mexico. Yes, we do have a very beautiful state! It is a different kind of beauty then some are used to.....not alot of lush trees (although I am glad my neighborhood has lots of trees). The SW has a beauty of the mountains and the blending of cultures and the weather is fabulous. We have 4 lovely seasons but not as harsh as in other areas of the country. I am originally from the East Coast but moved here as a little girl so I consider myself a native! Would love to know when any of you are planning to visit our great state. It would be fun to connect in person and share a cup of tea or lunch together!

Until Later,
Audrey
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  10:48:13 PM  Show Profile
Though I don't have a greenhouse, I certainly do enjoy visiting yours. You are so creative in incorporating your lovely hand growns into your life and shop. Your blog is simply inspiring!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2008 :  11:19:11 PM  Show Profile
I loved your blog..and wow...beautiful pictures of your beautiful place!! I dream of having a small greenhouse some day for sure. I loved seeing yours!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  05:11:27 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all SOOOO much for your very kind comments. I have to say it is an absolute joy to work in the greenhouse - well, maybe except for last night - when we were struggling to cover everything outside because of the frost and we couldn't fit it all back in the greenhouse - AAHHHH! Other than things like that, it is great!! Thank you all so much for visiting with me and know it is just as much an enjoyment for me to visit other farmgirls on their blogs - I'm always inspired and have great admiration for your work and creativity. Everybody have a blessed day and Happy Planting!!! Cathy

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2008 :  10:38:03 AM  Show Profile
Cathy,

Loved your blog too. You inspired me.... off to my garden I go...

Ann
Forrester Farm
http://picasaweb.google.com/FORRESTERFARM/FORRESTERFARMWEDDINGS
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic This is our Lil' Greenhouse Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page