Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Things DO happen for a reason...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Things DO happen for a reason... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  06:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Charlie and I headed over to the park today to burn off some energy and get out in the nice weather. The park has some hiking trails that meandor between the park, river and houses. Well, there it was...my dream house!! Tucked back into the trees a little, very quiet, looks like a 2-3 bedroom cottage and guess what...it is for sale!!! I called hubby and told him, I called the real estate agent (got an appointment for tomorrow) and I am excited. It is a 2 possible 3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, on 3 acres of land, river running along it's backside, space with some cleared areas for gardens. The house is run down but works (ie: my dream project, as long as things function, I can paint and clean it for now). There is room to let the dog roam, put in a fences to keep perk up th place, there is already an existing porch but again, it needs work. It is owned by an older couple looking to move to into town to be with their kids.

I swear things happen for a reason. It's not the beach but I will take the river. I can go tubing!!!! Or just dip my toesy's in!!!!

And yes, I checked the place out for potential hammock spots!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  06:52:30 AM  Show Profile
YAY!!! Let us know what happens next. You are so right---things do happen for a reason. It sounds so charming. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  07:11:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Heather,
How exciting! Please come back and update us!

It sounds absolutely dreamy!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  07:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is SOOO exciting Heather! What does Hubby think? Is he excited?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  07:20:25 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Oh my goodness Heather that is great!!! Keep us posted and get a pic !!! I love homes and the possibilities!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  07:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Hubby is excited. He pretty much wants me and us to be happy. He know of all my crazy ideas in my head and he really lets me live them out!! HA!! Poor guy!!!

We were just talking about our 1 year plan last night and he mentioned selling off some more stuff. We really are trying to get down to basics, things we really use, everday or seasonally in some cases. The rest is excess and we don't need it. Again, we want to travel and to have to maintain a home for no reason seems silly to us. Basics, a little fun, lots of love, a hammock and some sweat tea and we are good to go!!!

Even if this little house does or does not work out, things are happenning for a reason!! I feel more free now that we are back on track with things!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  07:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
In my community of friends, we call that "driftwood" Heather. Meaning if you're out in the ocean and there's nothing for the naked eye to see but you spot driftwood, you know land is not far off!

Even if it's not your dream house it's a sign that yours is on the way!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  2:58:46 PM  Show Profile
Wow, it sounds like a great place. Nothing wrong with a fixer upper. When you finish fixing, it'll have your signature all over it. Let us know how the appointment goes.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  10:02:34 PM  Show Profile
That's sounds great! Can't wait to hear more about it.

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  12:24:43 PM  Show Profile
Sounds exciting! I hope it works out!!

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  12:35:16 PM  Show Profile
I found our house while out on a walk too; been here for 13 years now! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you:)
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  3:14:12 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Heather how exciting. Thinking of you and dh on this adventure.

listening to the quiet moments
Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  4:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
How did it go Heather?

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  5:15:57 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Went to look at the place. A LOT of people showed up, which I thought I had an appointment but ok...grrr...

The house is a 2 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath, possible 3rd bedroom, really basic kitchen, living room, 2 porches. Very old, very in need of some work. Price to sell. Comes on 1 1/2 acres of land, river front on one side. Nice shade trees, open sun area for gardens, NEEDS A LOT OF TLC!!! Older couple owns it, moving into town, house is all original. Looking at it, it is a complete re-do.

Talking it over with hubby right now. Problem is we just signed a 1 year lease here, but it doesn't hurt to look and see what is out there. I honestly don't think this is the house for us, but we are getting closer.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2008 :  7:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Driftwood! Awesome.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Things DO happen for a reason... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page