Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 GET THOSE PRETTIES OUT OF THE DRAWER!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic GET THOSE PRETTIES OUT OF THE DRAWER!!! Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  12:50:47 PM  Show Profile
I was reminded while reading MARY JANE'S new Magazine today that you should get out those beautiful handmade linens and doiles etc. So I got out some of mine. They sure look better now then they did in the drawer. I posted a picture.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  12:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
They do look great there, Nancy Jo. But if I tried to do that at my house, at least two fat cats would fit in there and no linens could be seen. :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  1:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Aw so pretty!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  1:08:19 PM  Show Profile
lovely miz nancy .. i've always been a big proponent of LIVING with our beautiful things surrounding us. i mean .. what good do they do us folded up in a drawer .. and so many times ending up selling for pennies at a yard sale (after we're gone) because there has been no 'stories' .. no 'history' .. no 'memories added to them over the years.

my dear aunt betty who was blind most of her life .. crocheted many bedspreads and tablecloths before she went blind. she was 'saving' them for all her nieces and nephews (after she was gone). unfortunately, she lived deep in the country in an olde farmhouse .. and had them carefully folded in a drawer .. in the BASEMENT! well .. sadly, over the years .. families of MICE nested and chewed on them .. only to be discovered after her death. how sad .. we all could have used them and enjoyed them while she was living.

yep! get 'em outta' those drawers, closets, and especially basements and attics!

thanks for the reminder miz nancy. xo

OH .. 'nuther little family story .. my Nannie (aunt who raised me) had an incredibly beautiful set of sterling silverware. now she did attach holiday memories to it .. each celebration when the family would gather .. she would lovingly take it all out .. polish it (even though it already shined like the sun!) i think this sweet 'ritual' was important to her. eventually, as a young teenager .. i, too, began to join her in this shining tradition.

Nannie told me how important it was that i loved doing this with her. And upon her death, she lovingly willed it to me.

I treasure it and used it for years after Nannie died .. at family gatherings. Now that most holiday dinners are celebrated by us in either Ohio or Delaware .. i have split it into two 8-piece sets and gave a set to each of my daughters .. who use it at their holiday dinners.

jus' like the VELVETEEN RABBIT .. treasures don't become 'real' until they are used and loved. xo

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  1:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Nancy Jo, they look amazing! Thanks for the reminder, I have yet to get my New maryJane mag. So the "tease" is perfect.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  1:53:01 PM  Show Profile
So true - lovely things should be used, and loved; it makes our lives rich and full of beauty. Gosh, I am still waiting for my magazine. My mouth waters each time I read a snippet here that refers to it!

But tonight, get out that pretty wine glass, or pitcher, or tablecloth, and use it! You will go to bed happier!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  3:34:07 PM  Show Profile
Jeanie,
There you are I was thinking about you today and hadn't seen you about for a while. I was reading your blog. Couldn't find a place to leave a comment on there. Anyway it was nice reading it, I used to take a bath in the kitchen sink, and we had a daybed just off the kitchen too.
Janice, If I still had my kitty that is where she would be sleeping too.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  05:51:46 AM  Show Profile
I found the perfect place for the basket of pretties. Now I have more then enough for another basket,have to see if I can find another good place for that. Then I WIll have an empty drawer to fill up with this years garage sale linen finds. yipes!
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic GET THOSE PRETTIES OUT OF THE DRAWER!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page