Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 I need something for pep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I need something for pep Next Topic  

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  3:36:14 PM  Show Profile
I have arthritis, fibromyalgia, and of course was just told I have Epstein Barr. Sometimes I can get thru my days without laying down and feeling like someone drug me through a couple of puddles but here lately I'm just so worn out it's just awful. The dr. told me to expect this (he calls it an episode) I call it wasted time. I have gone thru this before and I do get thru it and feel better after awhile. But, spring is here and I'm a tad impatient to get thru yet another episode. Has anyone ever tried Royal Jelly? If you have something that makes you feel less tired could you please let me know what it is? I have also been under an incredible amount of stress and I know that doesn't help this at all. From the neck up I'm fine. From the shoulders down all I want to do is sit down. Can anyone give me some suggestions to make this little body feel stronger? Thank you. Susan

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  3:50:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh Susan..I hope someone has suggestions!! I was put on Crestor (for high triglerides) and had to stop taking it..I mean I MADE that decision myself to stop...as it made me feel like that all the time...and none of us have that kind of time to waste do we???? I will sure keep you in my prayers. I hope someone can help more than I can...(((((((Hugs)))))

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  4:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
B vitamins help with my energy, especially my brain fatigue. Water, water, water, sun, sun, sun, walking, nice shower or bath with Epson salts and maybe some essential oils. BREATHE!!!! BREATHE!!! BREATHE!!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9381 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9381 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  5:46:38 PM  Show Profile
Susan,
I would recommend the women's formula frm Greens Today. It is powder form you just mix it with water. I take it everday and when I don't there is a noticeable difference to me. you can order online at www.vitacost.com I have found this place to be the cheapest for vitamins and such. Also helps with the stress levels too.

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Apr 18 2008 5:47:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  6:03:04 PM  Show Profile
KOMBUCHA!! It is great for all of those things!!

[size=1]
~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
Farmgirl Sister #88

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://womonandsprout.wordpress.com
http://youtube.com/profile?user=GaiasRose
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
"Joyful chaos, working in tune with the seasons, telling itme by the sun, variety, change and self-direction; all this wwas replaced with a brutal, standardized work culture, the effects of which we are still suffering from today." - Tom Hodgkinson in 'How To Be Idle'
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  6:30:20 PM  Show Profile
Am i glad I looked at this post. I have had fibromyalgia for 24 years, arthritis about 7 years and it does take a toll on energy levels. Stress only exacerbates it, but it is pretty difficult not to run into stress in our daily lives these days. I take vitamins when I remember, but I think the advice about breathing is very good. Sometimes I just sit and do deep breathing for five or ten minutes, and it does reduce the stress level. I also take Rescue Remedy, a flower essence remedy for physical and mental stress. Hang in there, you certainly have a big struggle with these conditions, but it can be helped sometimes. I also find laughter to be a good medicine too. Hard to come by sometimes, though. I hope you find some relief.....Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  07:37:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your suggestions! I'm looking up what you said, Tasha, because I've never heard of it before. I actually felt a smidgeon better yesterday and I think it's in part to the fact that I got to sit on my porch and "breathe" in some wonderful warm spring air and sunshine. I actually got brave enough yesterday to tel my two girls that I can't watch their boys all day Saturdays anymore. I never have had a break from that and I told them that on Saturdays maybe I would like to go yard saling or something and I think the relief of finally saying that took a portion of my stress away. I also think I'm so tired because people seem to think I have no needs, wants, or desires of my own and that I'm just here to work, work, work. And, I truly do like to work but I also believe my body is in some major need for rest and fun. I very rarely have any kind of fun. I very rarely rest. And sometimes I do forget to breathe. Thank you all very much for your helpful ideas and I will be considering them all. Susan
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  08:01:17 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Susan, good for you. So many women, I think, are put in the position, sometimes by their own family, to just work and provide, and I think so few of us realize that we should, and deserve, to have some time for ourselves sometimes. I hope you get better and have some well deserved fun! :)

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  08:07:42 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Susan,
A few years back I had a very serious colitis attack. It lasted for 3 years and took 2 years and a billion pills, before it was diagnosed. All I wanted was to sleep day in day out! My DH was very scared as that was not good old ADHD me. He was trying everything to motive me and antique stores are my habit. As a matter of fact I'm the one who diagnosed it. In a book at an antique store that my DH drug me to. I also found the treatment for my condition in that Knox gelatin book. So I know and understand the pain and frustatration of the episodes you are having and the wasted time feeling. What I did was try every day to go for a walk of some sort. Tried for the outdoors even if it meant only walking around my house and some times sitting half way through that short walk. Getting out and exercising worked wonders. I don't mean that raise you heart rate making muscles sore. Just a walk. Sit on the porch with a good uplifting book. Anything that gets you out of the house. I also started on a fresh food diet. I tried to eat as much fresh food as possible. What I mean by fresh is not processed. More fresh and raw vegetables, meat from the local farmers rather then the store, and organic, kefir, yogurt, teas, anything that was fresh, non processed. Also a VERY good daily vitamin that had extra E and Bs vitamins. There is also a number of stress tonics out that are a help when you get frustrated over wasted time. Above all you need to take care of YOU! Put yourself first! It's hard and others may buck it for awhile. But I am a firm believer that our body tells us when it's had enough neglect and wants some attention and if we do not give it to it we are doomed as it will continue to act out until we do. Take care.

http://www.bboopster.blogspot.com
3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  11:30:14 AM  Show Profile
thanks for that link, Denise. Looks like a lot of good stuff in Greens Alive. I've wondered about Royal Jelly too. Used to see the ads all the time and just the other day saw the first one in ages. I'd be willing to try anything safe for more energy..and yes, have Fibromyalgia also.
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  11:44:37 AM  Show Profile
I can't recommend green smoothies enough! I have heard of women with all of these things being healed by the addition of green smoothies.. Lots of green smoothies. I drink 6 qts a day- 2 lbs of greens..

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  1:22:00 PM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for these ideas. As many of you know I clean houses for a living and am blessed by my customers. They all know I'm going through a very rough time right now and they insist that I sit down as much as I need too. I agree wholeheartedly that my body is telling me something is so wrong. I've thrown up three times this week.....that's what happens to me when I'm overly tired and overly stressed. I think it's ashame when I have to get sick so that the people around me notice me! I thank God this doesn't happen too often but when it does it hits me hard. I do appreciate all your thoughts and remedies. Now, may I have the recipe for a green smoothie? Thanks! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  1:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I've got to second the Kombucha! Kombucha is really amazing and I am looking forward to starting my own batch this week as a new SCOBY is arriving in my mailbox! Yippee! I am so excited!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9381 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9381 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  04:09:12 AM  Show Profile
Susan,
Sounds like you need a day away! Maybe you should come on over for a visit?
I'd love to have you and we can sit on the swing and sip tea and RELAX! Sound good?
Hugs,
Denise

farmgirl sister #43

Kind hearts are gardens
Kind thoughts are roots
Kind words are blossoms
Kind deeds are Fruits

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  07:12:48 AM  Show Profile
Susan -- So Sorry for your diagnosis. I have been battling those same ailments now BIG time for 5 years. Here is what I have found that helps me

1. Source of Life liquid vitamins - TONS of minerals and B vits in liquid form so your body digest them all

2. Vials of bee pollen and Royal Jelly ( local health food store). I take one vial a day in the early afternoon to get through the rest of the day. IT WORKS!!

3. Detox Baths - Made with Dead Sea Salts, Epsom Salts, Sage ( good for cleansing), and lavendar. I soak nightly to help with the pain

4. Tempurpedic Mattress Topper - I can't afford the whole mattress so I went with the topper . It helps a LOT

5. Eliminate as many toxins from your food as possible. GO ORGANIC. This will help your body to heal.

6. Meditation to help with stress. I try to at least stop a few times a day and take some deep breaths and relax. Stress is really bad for fibro and chronic fatique. Fresh air helps with this too.

HANG IN THERE. I know how horrible it is to have those episodes. Rest if you need too and can. Pushing through sometimes makes them last longer.

In my thoughts and Prayers lots of {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}

Tamara
http://smallfarm.about.com small farms give big benefits
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  07:44:55 AM  Show Profile
The past few days I have been resting. It feels weird but good at the same time. My husband and two sons have been doing most of the cooking and dishwashing. It must've looked a little dirtier in here than I let it be because one son got the vacuum out and did the whole house. I am staying away from caffeine, sugar, and chocolate. I am always craving Krispy Kreme donuts and one of those can make me so sick. I have started a prayer shawl and it feels good to sit on my porch and work on it. Thank you all again for all your helpful suggestions. And, Denise. I will be down to swing. I will let you know when! Thanks. Susan
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic I need something for pep Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page