Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  8:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Ada Mae, sounds like you are having a good time with the piano. Now that I think about it, there was a while back that I wanted to learn, also. My mom actually bought me a keyboard (I know, not quite the same) but it sits on my shelf; I've neither the time or money for lessons. Maybe I'll make that the next thing to learn. I'm enjoying what I'm doing now and it takes some of my time.

Rene, I think alot of us are used to doing many things...call it "versatility" ;) Maybe being a "jack of all trades" IS you! I know I have that sort of personality. I mean, have you ever heard of a dance troupe director who also gardens, does theater, and writes a farmy magazine? :D

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  05:18:35 AM  Show Profile
Finishing college is something that I wished I had completed. Also wished that I had pushed myself and did more with music. I wanted to be a singer or a vet when I was younger. In high school I discovered that I had more talent with singing than the dedication or aptitude to study the required subjects needed for vet school.

Now more than anything I want to be a mom, but we're still working on that although time is a'ticking.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt B
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Terri
Chillicothe OH
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  05:23:13 AM  Show Profile
I wish I had gone to college and became a veternarian. I was a graphic artist and typesetter instead. Bad decision.

Proud Farmgirl Sisterhood #168, Aunt B
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.blogspot.com
http://www.hummingbirdsprings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  08:28:45 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Zan - Thanks! I think at 45 I am doing a better job of "blending my personalities" :), and sluffing off those things I "did" because I felt obligated.. I have learned that just because youre good at something doesnt mean you were necessarily meant to do it( HUGE LESSON FOR ME) as a career .. I have thought a lot about your comments (Thanks) and I think youre right.. what farmgirl "isnt" versitile? Thanks I will use that word with pride...Maybe I will get my Masters in versitility.

I love this topic - as it is so "real" - how about we flip it too.... I will start a new topic - what we do well... I hope all of you will sign on to that one too...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  09:53:13 AM  Show Profile
Now, I'm not just saying this to be different from the rest of you all...I wish I had NOT gone to college. At least, not right out of high school. I did it because my parents and everyone around said that you have to in order to get a good job. But I had no idea what I wanted to do for a living, I was desparately unhappy and unable to function in the world (much like you, Heather), and I made all kinds of decisions that I would not make now. I basically just shot myself in the foot during my college years, and now the limping makes everything I want to do harder. I very much wish that I had worked and seen a little of the world before I went to college. Especially if I could have worked in a useful trade like construction or landscaping. Those skills would be much more useful than a bachelor's degree in a liberal arts field. The degree I've got is no good without a masters or phd, and I burned myself out too badly to go on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Does anyone have something Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page