Page: of 2

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2008 :  07:05:34 AM  Show Profile
Yes, birth is very natural. We need to remember how women have been doing this from the dawn of time and have been doing it alone as well. Though I birth in a hospital I have used a midwife with my last two births and we do things as natural as possible. It does hurt, but we really can't control things and all we need to do is let our bodies take over. Our bodies were meant for this and know what to do. And of course, it does hurt (I hate it when people say it just feels like strong period cramps) but it is pain with a purpose. I sometimes think while I am going through labor "Why did I do this again?" but honestly, the minute that baby is out and I can hold him/her I feel completely normal again and full of energy and it is SO WORTH IT when you are holding that new one. So it is all very hard and painful work but it isn't anything that we can't handle. Good luck with your upcoming birth and I hope it turns out beautifully!
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

clux64
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Celeste
Blair NE
USA
162 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  6:43:48 PM  Show Profile
Cecily, have you considered hypnosis for dealing with the labor? I didn't use it, but our piano teachers wife did and she said it made things quite bearable--she had no medical pain relief with her first baby, I was most impressed. I loved what Elizabeth was saying in her response, pain with a purpose. After my lightning delivery with my son, I so understood why the labor was as it was...a baby has to come when it's time with a sense of urgency, it's all part of the natural process. I had an epidural with my first baby, I had difficulty pushing so the delivery was assisted with suction causing my daughter to have jaundice and we both ran a fever after delivery(very common). Overall a great delivery and I felt really good just 24 hours later. With my second, no medical intervention ('cause we were at home--not intentionally) pretty intense labor (lets just say, glad it was short) and arrival with just a few pushes. He looked like a C-section baby, just beautiful! I felt GREAT immediately after. Couldn't understand why the paramedics wanted to me go to the hospital--I was ready to take a shower and go back to bed! Two great deliveries, but the medication free version was the one I preferred. Good luck with your birth and new baby!

Celeste

"No matter where you go, there you are"

--Confucious
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Herbal Wisdom: Previous Topic Starting labor? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page