New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Julia and Aria? Next Topic  

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  06:42:25 AM  Show Profile
Has anyone heard from Julia? How is little Aria? If you see her- give her a big hug from me!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  06:46:39 AM  Show Profile
I haven't seen her since she came to the Polka Dot Pottery activity with our chapter on March 1st. In talking to her then, she was very encouraged as the type of leukemia Aria has is one that she can make a complete recovery from. I believe she said the treatment is 9 months long, though don't quote me. I know this is a hard time for them both emotionally and time wise. Trying to juggle a family, hubby's job, home and this all at once has to be hard. I am sure she would appreciate all positive thoughts and prayers. I believe Grace (Katmom) keeps in better touch since they live close to each other, so hopefully she will pop in with an update.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  07:53:15 AM  Show Profile
I'VE BEEN WONDERING AND PRAYING. XO

True Friends * Frannie

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  08:52:12 AM  Show Profile
I was just wondering about Julia and Aria last night and realized we haven't heard anything for awhile. I hope everything is going well and I continue to send my best wishes and healing thoughts.

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kydeere40744
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

Jessica
Kentucky
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  09:05:20 AM  Show Profile
I have been wondering about them as well. I do hope that things are well with them. Maybe Alee has heard something since she has been doing the quilts for them.

~Jessica in Kentucky & Farmgirl Sisterhood #137~
Be sure to visit my blog & Crafty Clipart for some of my photographs:
http://bluegrassprincess.blogspot.com/
http://www.craftyclipart.com
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  09:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Debi, you are a doll for asking about me. I have dropped out of sight certainly in more ways than one and for good and not-so-good reasons. The good-wonderful-fantastic reasons are related to Aria having good days and there have been a number of them. When she is having a good day, which has always started with no throwing up first thing in the morning and a desire to go to school and she's talkative and smiling, I just completely focus on that and play and play and play! She's been averaging about 2 days a week when she feels this way. The rest of the time, things aren't so good. They aren't horrible by any stretch of the imagination just a whopping dose of blah. She feels sick to her stomach most of the day with periods where she's feeling well but she vomits, doesn't want to eat, has to be carried everywhere and power-naps. These days are emotionally very draining for me for too many reasons to put here.

I'm in a state of burn out right now. I'm tired and just plain old emotionally wiped. It is so hard to watch your child every single day struggle as Aria does. The struggle isn't a fierce one nor is it really all that blatant. For me it is the subtle things that are hard. When she says she's hungry and I'm elated. She eats a bite or 2 of something and then feels sick to her stomach and I'm disheartened. She wants to play but then becomes frustrated because she's too weak to do what she really wants to do and doesn't fully understand what's happening. When she panics and screams because she has to throw up and I pick her up racing to the bathroom. We make it just in time as her entire body heaves and I'm trying not to vomit myself all the while keeping the baby from bothering Aria while she's bent over the toilet. Aria will finish and I feel completely depleted wanting to cry only to be shaken with Aria looking at me smiling and saying, "I'd like to eat a piece of pizza now please!" This kind of weird rollercoaster is every single day all day long and I'm trying to find some balance but I'm struggling in this particular moment.

I feel dark and empty, creatively. It isn't like I feel no sense of "hope" or anything of those things that people most identify with when confronted with really hard times. Rather it is a general sense of void. I'm neither happy nor sad, not fully bright nor completely dark, not totally optimistic nor full of gloom, not glittery and light nor heavy or over-burdened. It is a strange and unique sort of numb middle ground.

I've read stories of others and what they are dealing with which seem vastly more severe than what I've been dealt with and I know that others are living lives right now that are moving forward, lighter and free from heavy burden. It is all the most perfect mix of the human condition and all are very grounding to me. I read the horror stories of others and know that I'm still ok and Aria will continue to get better. I know that what we are dealing with is challenging and hard and reading the stories of others doesn't diminish my experience in any way, but it gives it a greater, deeper perspective. I try to be present to those who are not dealing with tragedy at this time and try to draw strength from them. For now, I'm in a holding pattern of sorts. I feel myself standing still in the middle of my life spreading my arms wide open. I'm allowing the rays of the sun and the rays of all the goodness surrounding me to nourish me. I feel the roots of my being diving deeper for greater security and strength. I feel myself swaying but never threatened of collapse. It is a time of intense focus so that I can remain steady and strong and endure what's to come.

We have journeyed now for a little over 3 months and we have 25 months to go! I've never been remotely interested in marathons of any kind and here I am being baptized in the fire of one that is constantly threatening to take my daughter no matter how positive I try to maintain my attitude.

Farmgirls, your thoughts, your prayers, your letters.. The fairy package that arrived on my door knob with hand made beaded pins are just EXTRAORDINARY!! Totally blow my mind and decorate my spirit and heal my soul kinds of connections. Where do I begin to thank each and every single one of you?!

I'm here... I'm working....I'm mothering...I'm mending....I'm surviving...I'm teaching....I'm enduring....I'm learning....I'm savoring.....I'm thanking......but most of all, I'm loving....

My deepest warmest love and affection to you all!
~julia hayes

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2008 :  11:20:27 AM  Show Profile
Hugs Julia!!!! Thank you!! I cannot wait to meet you Sister!!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  05:31:16 AM  Show Profile
May God bless you, your family, but most of all, Aria. Although I don't post here as much as I should, please know you are all in my prayers.
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  05:48:56 AM  Show Profile
Julia it's so good to hear from you. You and Aria are in my thoughts daily. Sometimes I don't have the words to convey what I'm feeling. Big hugs and love to you both!

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

4forMe
True Blue Farmgirl

166 Posts

Dawn
Easton MD
166 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  06:00:36 AM  Show Profile
I am thinking of you and your family, Julia.

Sewing, knitting, gardening mom of 4.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  07:28:43 AM  Show Profile
Julia, so many hugs and sweet strengthening good wishes for you. We all are here for you. Lean your soul on us sister and we will give you strength. That is what sisterhood and being a farm girl boils down to is having a place to come to for love and support.... a shoulder to bring tears and hopefully, laughter to. Thank you for sharing this extraordinary and difficult journey with all of us and excepting our good wishes,love, energy and prayers into your life.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  08:16:28 AM  Show Profile
I've been wondering how Julia and Aria are doing as well, and I am glad to see your posting, Julia. I can only imagine how draining this "marathon" as you call it has been, and you are still in the early days. I wish you the strength and continued perseverance through each day, good or not-so-good. It sounds like Aria is a really sweet little girl, and she is so lucky to have you as her mother and guardian through this rough time.

Write when you can, read our posts when you can't and just know that you are thought of and cared for all around this Farmgirl Connection.

Hugs to you and your family,

Jo

"Wish I had time to work with herbs all day!"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Julia and Aria? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page