Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What a day...LINK TO INFO ABOUT GRANDMA ADDED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What a day...LINK TO INFO ABOUT GRANDMA ADDED Next Topic
Page: of 2

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  8:03:13 PM  Show Profile
Anne, it is a beautifull testimony of a full life. thank you so much for sharing this article with us.
Big hug to you, hope you are feeling more at peace.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  8:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Wow..that is awesome. And my gosh but you sure look like her girl!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  9:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Libby,
Your post spoke to me, as I lost my Abby (miniture schnauzer) a couple of months ago. I still find myself walking into a room and wondering for a sec. where she is..... She was 15 and we had her since she was a little puppy.. SO I know the loss......Funny how they become such a HUGE part of the family... and as for Grandma's..............There are no words for a loss that great. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rene'~Farm Girl
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure......"
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  9:39:09 PM  Show Profile
Rene - I'm so sorry about Abby. Isn't that strange when we expect to see a pet even though we should know that we won't? I believe I know exactly what you are talking about with Abby - sometimes I really think I catch a glimpse of Seamus out of the corner of my eye sometimes here, and I have to look back to check, even though I KNOW she's gone. It's as if we expect so much to see them and have them around that our minds and souls somehow "see" them. And thank you so much for the words about my Grandma Muriel - I loved her so very much.

Corinne - you are so sweet to check back with me. Grandma Muriel DID live an interesting and full life, and raised in her oldest son the best father a girl could have. I am so lucky... Luck of the Irish, I guess - or luck of the Hawaiian Irish?!?!?!

Jenny - Isn't...geez...WASN'T she an amazing lady? And always a lady. My Dad looks just like her, and so do I (I've always been told). I feel so fortunate to have inhereted a smile that is like hers, I only hope that I have also inhereted the kindness, sparkly eyes and determination to have a good, full life that she had. Thanks so much for reading about her.

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!

Edited by - Libbie on Apr 17 2008 9:39:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rene
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Rene
Prosser WA
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  08:00:16 AM  Show Profile
Libby,
I would challenge you to write as much down that comes to you during this time - about your grandma and your pet....I can tell, by reading some of your messages that you are a writer at heart.... they may be a great comfort to you ( as well as others) later....I am such a dog lover.. yet havent gotten another one yet... but there is something about dogs... and for me Grandma's.. that just love without conditions.. and who doesnt need that!!
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  12:40:46 PM  Show Profile
What a lovely tribute to a very special lady! How proud all of you must be of your grandmother! When we lose a pet about the same time as a loved one, I like to think they are helping each other over the Rainbow Bridge. My condolences to you and the family for both losses.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  1:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Libbie, that was a wonderful tribute--thank you for posting the link. I love that (just one) of her passions was jury duty! That made me smile as I'm sure she made you smile. How very proud you must be to come from such a wonderful woman. I also enjoyed reading about your father...what an interesting life!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  1:06:59 PM  Show Profile
Hugs to you Libbie. I know how that silence can be. Happy memories are wonderful to hold on to. Another doggie will surely enter your life and your grandmother's spirit will always be with you.

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  1:13:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Libbie, I added your quote about "out of emotion… to my favorite quotes page at my website with you as the author.

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/favoritequotes.html

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  1:29:20 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for your double loss. I didn't see this at first, so it's news to me. Your grandma sounds like a great lady, and I'm glad you all had such fun during her life.
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2008 :  3:42:53 PM  Show Profile
Ahhh Libbie I just read your post and hope you are doing somewhat better and hubbie is back in town. Sorry to hear the passing of your sweet Grandmother and happy that you have such wonderful and fond memories of her to cherish forever. Grandmothers are the best. Your dog sure was a beauty and I am sure loved to pieces! It is not the same when they are not around. I still miss our little dog. Time heals doesn't it? But time sometimes seems to go so slow. Love you and thinking about you sweet Libbie.

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic What a day...LINK TO INFO ABOUT GRANDMA ADDED Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page