Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  4:00:17 PM  Show Profile
Alright, I'll admit that I haven't had the best few days. As many of you know we put our dog down last Friday. Well, today my DH had a Doctor's appt to take care of a cyst on his head. I went with him, but we were told it was nothing, simply a clogged hair duct (in layman's terms). I had not initially thought I was going in with him, but the nurse invited me in. I'm not even generally squeamish. The procedure went fine. The doctor did find that it was not what he had originally thought. Instead of a clogged duct, there was bone missing in his skull. Still, nothing serious, but lets have a catskan. I didn't feel nervous, or my heart race increase or anything, but I needed to get out of that 75 degree room. I excused myself and went outside and took a couple deep breathes of air. The ringing in my ears was louder and the world was turning black! I had a hold of the door handle because somehow instead of falling to the ground I held the door and turned myself into it (with force!) a couple times. Can you imagine what this looked like??? There were not people around b/c we were the last of the day. A couple good smacks in the face (bending my glasses!) and I got back into the waiting room. I still wasn't right and the secretaries were gone! I was holding my head hearing the ocean in my hears and I cried out help a couple times. Someone heard me and sent out the nurse. All should did was fan me off. Boy I felt like an idiot!!! I have never fainted before!!

What a day....just had to write it out and make myself laugh at it!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  4:04:14 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to laugh, but your description made me do it! Hope you are feeling better! What an ordeal.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
www.madrekarin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  4:05:09 PM  Show Profile
OH Bonnie..you poor thing. I know that feeling..and I am not squeamish either..I think when it hits us it may hit worse. I once fainted in a Kmart with my grandparents when I was in high school..jeesh!! I hope your husband's health problems are okay...I have never heard of THAT before.
Take care!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  4:07:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, I'm glad you're okay! I had a friend take a mutual friend of ours to the hospital after she had a horse riding accident. She got squeamish, completely out of the blue, but when she fainted, she hit her head and got a nasty concussion. At least you weren't hurt! Fainting can be so scary! Hugs!

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  4:09:07 PM  Show Profile
oh I laughed too picturing you slamming into the door! My hubby got real sick once and we went to the ER. They had to draw blood and I passed out! I'm sure it happens more than you may think.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  6:18:23 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Bonnie...what a week you've had! I know how frustrating it can be, fainting...I used to faint all the time when I saw blood (now I just run), and it's a very strange feeling. Don't beat yourself up, you've been through a lot this week...

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  7:05:57 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie, that's happened to me a couple of times. Both times it had something to do with temperature, or with sitting still for a long time and then moving suddenly. I still remember the first time it happened, I actually went down like a log and hit the floor hard before I had any idea what was happening. My boyfriend panicked and called my mom, who drove over to the house where we were visiting. I was so embarrassed! You really do feel like a dope with all these people fussing over you, don't you? Well, I guess you can say that's one more experience you've had, right?
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  7:53:20 PM  Show Profile
I've blacked out in hospitals before. I felt like I was going to pass out, but didn't. I get like that sometimes on elevators too.

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  8:16:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Bonnie, don't beat yourself up. I think this kind of thing has happened to more folks than are willing to admit. I nearly fainted once when I was a teenager and my sister wanted me to put her earrings in her newly pierced ears. I still can't stand to poke anything through someone else's skin!

Don't feel bad at all. It even happens to the big guys.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2008 :  9:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Bonne-

I went through a time when I was younger where I fainted quite a few times. I know how you felt and it can be very scary not being able to control your own body and not really knowing what is going on. I hope you are feeling better! Make sure you are drinking fluid and maybe drink a Gatorade or something as you might be really low on your blood salt level which can lead to loss of blood pressure which can lead to fainting!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2008 :  12:44:32 PM  Show Profile
Poor Baby Bonnie!!!!

I'm SOOo Sorry Sweetie!!!
So.. He's okay now though?
My Poor Girl! Wasn't that awful.. ?

ok.. I always find that the best way to help someone else is to tell one of my stupid stories about ME.. or a situation that I was involved in.. Seems that Laughing at ME always makes THEm feel a WHOLE lot better about whats happened to them! So.. Here Goes..

About 20 Years ago.. My Husband the Kids & I had gone Camping.. THAT in itself is another horror story of course.. PAR for Kathie Land.. But we made it home alive.. Anyway.. after home a couple days.. My Husband started to complain that he was having an 'issue' with one of his testicles.
Now is about the time I should probably tell you that ..
YOU MAY WANT TO STOP READING....
ANYWAY.. It became enlarged.. VERY enlarged.. Not BOTH of them.. Just the one...... So.. DID Mr. Man go to the Dr. Like I SUGGESTED..?
But Of Course Not!!!!
Did the Swelling go Down.....? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
On the Contrary!! It Continued to Grow! I began to worry it was going to burst.. I mean Really how far can these things Stretch?
FINALLY He woke up nearly TWO WEEKS LATER.. unable to now go to work.. can't wear his Jeans.. come slowly walking down the hallway in a pair of Sweat Pants & a Fishing t-shirt & ball cap with his Sneakers on & says.. "I think you need to take me to the ER"..
I have NO idea what had been going through that brain of his to FINALLY make him want to go.. But it must have gotten scarry enough to convince him it was a must do !!!
We Drove to the Hospital..
Explained the situation.. Luckily the admitting person didn't ASK him to shown her.. At this Point HE WOULD have Shown her..
He had now Lost ALL Modesty.. sort of like us when we go into Labor I'm guessing.. If We think the Janitor walking by can help.. HECK YEAH!! Grab that Man & Bring him in HERE NOW!! So.. they actually didn't make us wait..! But got him RIGHT in!! See.. SOME things apparently DO take Precedent!!
Grapefruit sized SWOLLEN Testicles must be RIGHT up there!
The Dr. comes in has a bit of a chat.. I mean like 5 minutes Tops..
Next thing I Know.. THEY ARE ADMITTING HIM!!!
I stood up.. I PUKED!!!
now.. I don't know WHAT was going through MY BRAIN at that moment!
I must have been thinking .. "get him in the Door.. Give him a shot Send his butt home! Yippee done Deal!!" nope.. ADMITTING HIS BUTT...
Now.. i'm really Not Quite sure What about this little 'phrase' had affected me the way it did..! I should have been HAPPY as all get out to get him away from me for awhile!! Because quite frankly girls.. He was Making me Insane with this WHOLE episode!!! You know how they are..!
WHINING..Helpless..But..WON'T do anything about it! Like.. oh.. i don't know.. GO TO THE DERN DR. WHEN YOU FIRST NOTICED SOMETHING WAS WRONG!!!
I can tell you this.. If I started swelling like that.. Me & Dr. Stein would be having QUITE the conversation as SOOOooonnn As his door was opened bright & Early Monday Morning!! No messing around!!
So.. There's Butch Baby.. Standing there now with his Fishing T-Shirt on.. Baseball hat.. Sneakers.. NO PANTS.. & holding a Hospital Sheet wrapped around his Waste.. As i can't stop puking in the hospital ER room!!
Now the Dr. is wishing of course that I had done this AFTER he had walked away.. but since I hadn't.. he really couldn't just LEAVE.. so here he is.. trying to help me sit done.. holding a garbage can for me.. the Nurse is running for a wet towel.. & they are paging someone to come mop up in bed 6..
They did end up keeping him.. for Nearly TWO WEEKS!
Best they came up with was he may have been bitten by something while we were camping.. So.. loads of IV antibiotics later.. & the Threat of a possible testicle Amputee.. It Finally started to return back to it's original Size..!!!
Pretty harrowing Experience though..

So Sweetie.. You Faint.. I Puke apparently.... I have passed out or felt light headed over the strangest things.. It's funny how our bodies.. or minds react to things or situations.. isn't it..?
Sort of like laughing at Oooooooohh such the wrong time.. when really your NOT.. it's just a nervous thing.. & you can't help yourself..!
I'm the worst at doing that.. So. If you get hurt.. & I laugh uncontrolably.. please don't take offense.. I Truly can not help myself!
Doesn't mean i love you any lesss!! On the Contrary.. Probably means i Adore you! I'll just laugh until the stress levels out for me!!

Hope I made ya laugh Girls!!

Remember.. Laugh at yourselves.. If your not.. Surely.. Somewhere.. Someone else is!!

Love ya Lots!!

Kathie.. Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself"..

Edited by - Kathie on Apr 15 2008 1:09:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2008 :  2:07:53 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie, what a nasty experience that must of been. Were your glasses ok? It probably was every that you had been through this last week with your beloved dog and then something unexpected with your husband too. It caught up with you big time. I hope you
are feeling better and that your husband is ok too.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Feeling like an idiot! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page