True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  5:44:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Well Girls,

I know that many of you are freezing your tushes off in your neck of the woods but it was an umprecedented 102 degrees here today!

And I have an apple crisp in the oven too! Today would have to be the day that I promised to bake a dessert for a birthday party, right? LOL!

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  5:45:47 PM  Show Profile
Unbelievable Linda!! Where in California are you?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  5:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
I'm in Playa del Rey, just next to the LAX airport. It's cooled down to a balmy 91 here (yuk, yuk), I think it's cooler because we're by the ocean. I was downtown in the fabric district today and it was just hideous hot. The temp read 102 almost all the way home.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  6:06:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi Linda! It is hot here in Vista too! I don't know quite how hot, not as hot as you, but in the 90's for sure.
from some of your other posts i am aware of your job loss, and stopgap work, etc. I just haven't had time to say anything before, but I am praying for you. Stay cool, Karen
PS. Please, send me an email with your address so i can send you your bumper sticker from The Edgehill Herb FarmGirl Chapter

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  6:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my word! It has been freezing and then today I was able to take Nora out in the dress I made her today (no sleeves!) It was a gorgeous day! Nora went for her first walk down to the corner and back walking on her own two feet! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Em
True Blue Farmgirl

137 Posts

Emme
Carnation WA
137 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  6:46:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! We are visiting in Lawrence, Kansas this week and it snowed this morning! Yikes.

Farmgirl Sister #138
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  6:51:09 PM  Show Profile
it has been raining here all day and to set it off - lots of fog! Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  10:27:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the lovely good wishes Karen!
I spoke with my best friend in Minnesota and on Thursday they were predicting 26 inches of snow. She was happy to report that it fizzled down to about a foot but given a choice I'd do colder weather over this mess ANY day of the week!
I know what al y'all are thinking that have been in it for 4 months now and I swear to you I shrivel up in this kind of weather!

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  12:05:32 AM  Show Profile
We had slushy snow/rain mix for a few days straight..and then today was cold and clear this morning and beautiful (high 60's) this afternoon..perfect weather to work in the yard. 102..wow! I heard on the news that we may get weather in the low 80's this next week. THAT will be quite a change for sure. But...being central Utah..I am sure we will get more frost and more than likely more little snow showers for sure before summer. Or during summer.....you never know.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  06:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
Global warming? NAW. LOL!

It's 6:30 a.m. and I'm going for a walk with a girlfriend before it gets too hot. This is the best part of these kind of days.
It's about 65 out right now with a lovely cool breeze. We'll walk down to the beach, grab a cup of coffee and have a quiet walk with each other while everyone is still sleeping.
Ahhh bliss!

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can you believe it? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page