Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Looking for a particular fabric & am stuck
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Looking for a particular fabric & am stuck Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  10:28:43 AM  Show Profile
In my previous house I had a kitchen valance I made from some vintage-style dishtowels made by a company named Morgan Taylor. I loved that valance, but the buyer wanted it (plus it wouldn't have been near big enough for the window in my new kitchen).

The place I bought the dishtowels no longer carries any textiles, and I've looked everywhere, searched the internet, etc. I can find a set of 3 towels on ebay, but I need quite a few more. I'd really like to find some material or contact Morgan Jones about purchasing material. Unfortunately, I can't find a website for that company!

Anybody have any ideas? I'd really appreciate it.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please email me for all your Mary Kay needs!

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  5:11:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for or not, but there is a place in Olympia that sells the dishtowel material by the yard - it's white with a color stripe along the edge - they have three different colors I think. Is this what you mean?

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  2:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, but that's not it. What I'm looking for is a slightly off-white background with strips -- blue, red, yellow, and maybe even green -- running the long-way down the entire towel.

After posting yesterday, I found a material that will work. It's a Moda fabric, but they'll only sell it to me by 15 yd bolt (dh has a vendors license, so they'll sell to him). I only need 3 yards! So I'm going to contact a bunch of stores on their "store locator" thingy, starting with those closest to me. I've got the fabric number, so hopefully that will work. Thank goodness I have free long-distance!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please email me for all your Mary Kay needs!
Go to Top of Page

Nin
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Enjoyng life in the world of Peachy Hollow

106 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2008 :  5:47:23 PM  Show Profile
Try this site, it can source any fabric and let you know which shops have it in stock!
http://www.quiltshops.com/search.htm

www.peachyhollow.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Looking for a particular fabric & am stuck Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page