Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Prayers needed for Bagel my Corgi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Prayers needed for Bagel my Corgi Next Topic  

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  7:48:45 PM  Show Profile
My dog had two swollen (golf ball size) lymph nodes on his neck. Vet found swollen lymph nodes all over his body. They did a large amount of blood work to rule out lymphoma- I don't think this is what he has - he has been fine until today, and he is not acting sick. I personally think he has either an allergic reaction to something or an infection someplace although he is not running a temperature. They aspirated fluid from the lymph nodes to send out. Bagel is 4 yrs old and I took in in as a boarding dog for a girl that wanted to travel and only wanted her dog 3 months out of the year - he deserved a permanent home and I gave him that. I love him dearly. So please girls all your prayers are needed that bagel will be fine and this will not be cancer - The vet clinic will need to put me on their payroll soon
K
They tested for lymes and erliosis - they were negative but then a tech told me they are not always correct with the test they run in the office.

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  11:57:18 PM  Show Profile
Bagel will be in my thoughts and prayers
shirley
owner of 2 corgis
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  05:51:59 AM  Show Profile
Oh, poor baby. I'm hoping for the best...sounds like allergic reaction to me, too...but best to get a thorough check up. Let us know!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  06:17:07 AM  Show Profile
Kathy, I pray that your little Corgi Bagel(love that name) is fine. It could be a reaction to some kind of bite. I hate to have to say this, but, it could well be lymphoma. They seldom show any signs of it intil those big lymph nodes appear. My dachshund Barney was only 4 when he was diagnosed with lymphoma. We went the chemo route and he had a good year of being his happy self. I truly mean it, I pray that your dog doesn't have it and maybe he doesn't, it could be other things. Just be prepared. Please let us know how he makes out.

Prayers,
Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:26:47 AM  Show Profile
blue light....blue light....blue light....blue light....blue light...

Love,
Patricia

Proud Farmgirl Sister #19
Rusty Chicks Chapter

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Today I choose faith not fear.
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  11:36:08 AM  Show Profile
No news yet today (I hate the waiting) but I am researching and will not do chemo - I believe in holistic medicine without a doubt. Perhaps I will do some prednisone - but no chemo - nothing radical -
He is eating fine and drinking cold water with some drops of herbal tinctures, right now we are using violet leaf, chickweed and I added some lemon balm today - There seems to be a herbal remedy out of Australia I believe that I may try, it is a mixture of herbs also in liquid form -
So far this is the list of good herbs for cancer in dogs-
goldenseal, dandelion, echinacea, calendula, red clover, burdock root - and I already know how effective chickweed is on the immune system and also wild wood violets are used in cancer treatment and research as is believe it or not, ground ivy - glechoma hederacea AKA Creeping Charlie.
Most importantly, I believe in the healing power of love and (yes Patricia, your blue light or white light as it may be)light - I believe the power to heal is within us all.
Keep the prayers coming - add me in too as I do not need a fibro relapse.
Has anyone ever used Essiac for their dog?

Farmgirl Sister #59

Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2008 :  10:45:49 PM  Show Profile
Dr called and said aspirate taken from lymph nodes showed lymphoma and some immature cells. Bloodwork was all okay - I an stunned. I have opted not to do chemo therapy, I do not have $7000 for this- I got her to give me doxycycyline for possible tick borne disease which can mimic lymphoma. He took first doxy tonight. I may wait a day or two before starting pred as that will be my other option in addition to herbs- His nodes are still swollen and she said to be sure to give him his pain meds. I thought I had come across a site that helped people pay for the cancer trmt for their pets, I will need to find it. I hope the antibiotic does some good and i see improvement. This just all came on so suddenly and I am so very sad.
Hugs
K

Farmgirl Sister #59

Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  05:20:33 AM  Show Profile
kathy
so sorry to hear the news. If in fact the diagnosis is not good he has a wonderful owner to take take of him. Your little buddy was given a wonderful home with you. He knows you love him and thats all that matters. I hope you get lucky with the treatment you are trying and it works. Good luck to you. Keep us posted and I will pray for little Begal. Animals are a true gift.

take care
Linda

Each day is precious...take a few of those minutes for yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  09:31:10 AM  Show Profile
hope your little guy does better. hugs to you and Bagel.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  11:27:44 AM  Show Profile
Kathy,
I'm so sorry. I hope the treatments that you choosewill work for Bagel or that you do find some help in paying for care. Thinking and praying for you both.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  12:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry and sad for you both, Kathy. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Bagel has a wonderful pet 'mom' who loves him and is doing everything possible for him. Keep us posted.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  12:16:44 PM  Show Profile
Here here! Bagel is very lucky, Kathy, and don't give up hope. The best thing we can do for our beloved pets is to care for them, love them--you're doing all that and more. Poor Bagel, buddy--give him love from the Lynch fur clan...

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  12:48:55 PM  Show Profile
All your messages bring hope to Bagel and me - He is an angel dog to be sure - Corgi's are special little dogs with hearts the size of a St. Barnard - I refuse to give in to negativity - he is eating well today and taking his doxycycline and pain med and his herbs.
I did fill out the application for financial aid for chemo should we decide to go that route.
My fur children are my life
K

Farmgirl Sister #59

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  9:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Kathy- I am so sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but if anyone can pull her dog through- you WILL! Give that cute fur baby a hug from Sky-Dog and me! We will be thinking about you two often!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2008 :  11:21:47 PM  Show Profile
Talked to my regular vet tonight and she is going to speak to oncologist to see if there is a connection between his symptoms and ehrlicheosis - I still think that is what is going on. His glands seem to be coming down slowly. I know my dog does not have cancer, I strongly feel this - intuition. I am going to take him on Saturday and have my regular vet look him over.
Keep on praying praying praying and sending the BLUE HEALING LIGHT.
Love
K

Farmgirl Sister #59

Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Prayers needed for Bagel my Corgi Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page