Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Altered Art Creation/using some of Bonne's lace
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Altered Art Creation/using some of Bonne's lace Next Topic  

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  4:52:50 PM  Show Profile
Since Miz Frannie mentioned that she was getting together a little care package of bits and baubles for me to craft and create with/and had mentioned on another thread that I have started creating altered art images.
..I wanted to share with you all a piece of art work that I have nearly completed ..I used a bit of lace from a care package that Bonne had sent to me last week(Thank you so much Bonne!!)

I loved creating this piece and have named it "Rosalina"..that's the name that came to me when I saw the girls darling face.

This is an 8 by 10 on canvas.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  9:38:45 PM  Show Profile
Hey Tina, This is beautiful. The altered art world is wonderful, isn't it? It all just has that enchanting quality! You'll start collecting all kinds of objects now that you are into this area of art. Everything takes on a new perspective.

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  9:55:41 PM  Show Profile
thank you Stephanie..I have long admired this type of art, and have wanted to just jump in and go for it..so that's what I'm starting to do. I have another image waiting for me to get started on..I have all the elements, just have to get them put together.
I've always enjoyed dabbling with art/crafts of some kind..and yes..I think you are right..I'll be on the look out for all sorts of things. I actually had bought a really large handled serving tray(white) at a thrift shop the other day..with all intents of altering it by adding roses and other images to it..when Naomi says to me.."mom..that is a really nice tray..and if you alter it..you won't be able to use it for serving food on..and mom..that is a really, really nice tray" So....she's right..but..had she not said something..well I'd have altered that tray..but..instead that particular one will be spared..and I'll use it for displaying my tea set on and so forth.And ..it will probably be used at holidays for serving ham and turkey..it's that big.
But..it will be another trip to the thrift to find white plates and anything else I can get my hands on to alter...ha.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  10:32:13 PM  Show Profile
I love your piece of altered-art. It's beautiful.

Every path has its puddle. We have a choice - Turn around, walk around, or jump in and have fun!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  11:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful, Tina.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Altered Art Creation/using some of Bonne's lace Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page