Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Workboots Next Topic  

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  12:39:43 PM  Show Profile
What are everyone's favorite footwear? I usually just use tennies, but I need something more heavy duty; the sneakers aren't holding up to the challenge.

Brands/ styles you like? Steel-toe or not? Waterproof?

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  12:48:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
If I am not wearing my tennis shoes- it usually means I am out at the ranch and there I wear knee high rubber boots that I got at our local home/garden/farm/ranch supply store. They are really comfortable and I have worn them in all weathers. They have just enough room in them that my chubby calves can fit in and so can my jeans as well. And if the ground is dry I my pants drape around the outside easily. They don't breath but I rarely have had any issues with sweaty feet.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lovelady
True Blue Farmgirl

533 Posts

Toni
Indiana
USA
533 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  2:28:01 PM  Show Profile
If I am out working I wear waterproof Redwing boots that I bought from our local Amish boot store. I have had them for two years now and they still look pretty good.
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  02:23:11 AM  Show Profile
For hiking in the mountains, I prefer men's hiking boots. I'm not partial to any particular brand. Just whatever is comfy. I have found that women's hiking boots are made more for looks than for function and comfort. Many of them feel like I'm strapping on a pair of concrete blocks! I don't like steel toe; they make my feet colder (which is an issue for me anyway). But waterproof is very important as I often find myself needing or wanting to cross a creek or stream.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  05:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Hubby wears Wolverine steel toes. He's really hard on them though - we always get the "free" pair every other year because his never last the whole year (like the guarantee states). But he says everything else falls apart after a few months.

It just depends on your needs... he wears these in every sort of weather, 12 hours a day, at least 6 days a week through grease, mud, tractor tire changes, climbing in grain, etc.

My blog: http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"John Deere. We stand behind everything we sell. Except the manure spreader."
Go to Top of Page

Brew Crew
True Blue Farmgirl

676 Posts

Molly
Arizona
676 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  05:22:15 AM  Show Profile
Hey, I like a guarantee! I'll have to check out the Wolverine site and see if there's ladies sizes. Thanks!

"There is a Happy Dale far, far away. . ." -Arsenic and Old Lace
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  07:44:04 AM  Show Profile
Being from Ca I live in flip flops and Crocs! I wear 5 year old Danksos to work!!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  08:43:10 AM  Show Profile
White Boots are great . . . made to last forever, steel toe, the whole works. Not cheap, but you will never need to replace them. Many people just re-sole them, new heels, etc every few years and they can go strong for a lifetime. Their factory is here in Spokane, so we can get them discounted.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2008 :  10:21:26 AM  Show Profile
I wear Redwing work boots everyday to work, usually get a new pair every other year, my feet never hurt when I wear them. I wear buckle up rubber boots over them when working in the sloppy manure/mud. I have some muck boots I like to wear in the winter when it is really cold here, but if I wear them too long my feet will hurt. I have a 3 yr old pair of Danskos I wear almost every where else. Pam
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Workboots Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page