Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 what do you think you are MOST creative at?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic what do you think you are MOST creative at? Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  9:29:39 PM  Show Profile
i know i enjoy making dolls .. sooo .. i'll say that one ...

of course, being a mom and grammie is at the top of my list! xo

i also enjoy planning and hostessing fun 'theme' parties and gatherings. xo

True Friends * Frannie

HEAR MY STORIES
come, visit my:
"GATHERING ROOM" ..
http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com

adopt a 'rag-chile'
http://sistermercysfoundlinhome.blogspot.com

treasures .. new and olde .. up for adoption:
http://mudpiemanormercantile.blogspot.com

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  9:56:08 PM  Show Profile
I am, as my husband says, very "artsy-fartsy". I love most things creative. I have a degree in both fine arts and graphic design. I love to decorate, re-purpose junk, paint furniture and recently have been doing folk-art paintings. I have made dolls and quilted for years too, though those seem to be "shelved" in recent years. I just love recreating things and making something ugly beautiful. I also enjoy entertaining, but am not a natural. I get soooo stressed when I have parties, etc. that it kind of takes the fun out of it for me. I like to cook, but it is definitely not my true talent. So I would have to stick with artwork and decorating as my strengths.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2008 :  10:15:30 PM  Show Profile
Probably embroidery and hand sewing. I love just about all crafts but I always come back to those as my favorite. I love to hand quilt too.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  05:05:52 AM  Show Profile
I can do few crafts with my hands but I would say I'm more creative in writing and singing. I like to write poems sometimes and have written song lyrics. I love to sing too, I've been doing that since I was a very little girl. I wish I had more talent in my hands as far as crafts go. I love going to fellow farmgirl blogs and sites and seeing the beautiful creations you all make.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  05:41:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm not very artsy and I have ZERO attention to detail, but I'm creative at finding ways to do something for nothing. I've decorated the entire nursery for about $80 and instead of buying my children an expensive wooden playset, I called someone who had one and whose child was over 16 - they were thrilled to get rid of the thing! And those wooden playsets are built to last.

I am pretty good at taking ugly furniture and restoring it to fit my house. I really enjoy doing that.

My blog: http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"John Deere. We stand behind everything we sell. Except the manure spreader."
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  05:52:27 AM  Show Profile
This winter I've been sewing more and find working with color to be very satisfying. My 'job' is designing gardens -- which also involves working with color as well as texture, etc. And I love collage-y paper crafts. My creative niche seems have the key words color, texture, flow, balance. Look at my blog for a trio of sewing cards I just finished!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  06:17:14 AM  Show Profile
Most of the needlework arts
Most all of hand work, crocheting, knitting, hand embroidering
counted cross stitch, sewing , quilting and so on
Also, writing Christian poems, devotinals, .pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  06:17:57 AM  Show Profile
Well...I think I am pretty creative when it comes to decorating. I have to admit, though, it doesn't always come naturally to me. I read lots of decorating magazines, go on house tours and visit on line house tours for inspiration. I've recently gotten into gardening the past few years, so I think I'm pretty creative that way, also.

"To have life in focus, we must have death in our field of vision." Benedictine monk John Main
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  07:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Making babies...lol - just kidding! I think I'm most creative at needle arts like crochet, sewing,and plastic canvas. Next would be paper arts.

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"A friend is someone who does things that count, but never stops to count them"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  08:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I do pretty well in anything creative- I can pick it up rather easily but decorating and cross stitch are my strong points. I can envision a room and put it together from multiple sources.

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  11:38:24 AM  Show Profile
probably cooking..i love to invent new recipes or take existing ones and change them a bit. my philosophy is that if you have a pantry of quality ingredients..you always have choices to make something amazing!

i am not good at any type of needlework..but am always inspired by reading all farmgirls posts on this subject..you girls are so creative!! what advice to you have for a wannabe needleworker..what would you start with..knitting, crochet..what?? also..how to start!! help!!

best,
napafarmhouse1885

please visit my blog
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

www.napafarmhouse1885.com

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Edited by - napafarmhouse1885 on Apr 04 2008 1:17:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  12:14:27 PM  Show Profile
I'm a really great "homestyle" cook. I'm a great friend. I'm also a good teacher, dollmaker, housekeeper, and am generally artsy. I used to be a wonderful gardener...but am getting to be really lazy about it.

I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance even if I'm the only one...

http://www.kattywhompus.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

idcityrose
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

Rose
Idaho City Idaho
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  12:25:33 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, where o where do you get your energy? I always have the best intentions but when I get home, after the chores are done for each day (and there is always something that must be done each day) I seem to run out of steam. I may sit down to sew and get sidetracked by organizing my fabrics (I literally have many, many trunks full) and then I try to visiulize what that piece of fabric should become, so then I dig out my hundreds of patterns and try to match them up, and then I end up doing very little and it is 11:00 p.m. or later.
I guess out of everything I have ever done I still love sewing the most. I began sewing at 12 since we couldn't afford "Store Bought" clothes, as my single parent mom had four kids to clothe and worked two jobs just to pay bills. I found sewing gave me the opportunity to have one of a kind clothing and that is who I am, one of a kind. I was teased by kids for wearing "handmade" but it just made me a better person because I learned way back then that I did not have to justify who or what I am.
Yes, sewing!
Some people look for happiness, others create it!

We are never alone in the forest of Sisters! We "Mountain Farmgirls" are outstanding in our field!
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  1:33:50 PM  Show Profile
I am most creative in my kitchen. I really love good food.

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
FREE TIBET!
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  1:56:55 PM  Show Profile
I am most creative with my flower gardens,there is nothing I enjoy more than working with my plants. I do flower and plant arrangements too, I did it most when we had the greenhouses. I also do cross stitch very well. I wish I was a great cook, but, I am merely adequate.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

cowgirlmama
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

35 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2008 :  6:36:07 PM  Show Profile
I paint murals,and I love to weave-I am NOT good in the kitchen-never have been interested-but I do feed my husband-I shop at thrift stores for things for the house as well as my clothes
Go to Top of Page

Linder
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Linda
Lake Forest IL
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  07:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Linder a Yahoo! Message
I am creative with so many things but I think my biggest gift is loving and accepting people.

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom"
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2008 :  08:09:08 AM  Show Profile
I like that Linder!!!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic what do you think you are MOST creative at? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page