Printer Friendly
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Constant Gardener Next Topic  

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  10:45:24 AM  Show Profile
Have you read le Carré's book?

Saw the movie. When a movie is this good usually the book is better wondering ifn you liked this one? Do you think if you lean one way social injustices would twist you differently?

The movie exhausted my heart and still my brain is wrapped with questions about my responsibilities. Love story and a what would you doer! Didn't expect to see a thriller that would have made me hug my hubby! The actor I think his first name is Ray who was in the English Patient is really good like Oscar good and Rachel is it Weisz is better!

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  10:51:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh Ellen this is one I want to see! Thanks for the review! Yes, I think witnessing social injustice can bring out the warrior in some one if they are on the fence. There are many factors involved...but a good question to ponder!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2005 :  1:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
This is on my social calender for the weekend, thanks for the review...Oh his name is spelled Ralph (Fiennes) but he pronounces it Rafe..hubby calls him Ray F.

Edited by - Fabulous Farm Femmes on Sep 14 2005 1:07:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  03:45:52 AM  Show Profile
I had no idea what the movie was going to be like. My husband wanted to see this one and he usually picks those actioners. So I settled in with my popcorn and then couldn't eat it.Too many questions for us all to answer. How do we test without "guniea pigs"? Have we forced the corp. to go overseas by not wanting our children, family members to be the lab rat or is it greed that took them?

Thanks Diane, I am terrible with names. I can remember stories actors are in, rarely put them with their real name. I won't forget Ralph and Rachel! I wonder if I haven't gardened the same way, lost in my own world ignoring my community responsibilty. He has dreamy eyes was he I think I saw them in Schindlers List?

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  09:36:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Schindler and also The English Patient.His brother Joseph is pretty darn dreamy too...
Go to Top of Page

The Pinup Cowgirl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Holly
Tacoma WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2005 :  10:48:13 AM  Show Profile
You bring up a great topic Ellen. It's the same old theory about how we don't care about those 'downstream' from us, and just toss our garbage into the river because it doesn't affect us. Sometimes I think that I can only do a little around my neighborhood. And sometimes that is enough. But an awareness of what is happening, and allowing yourself to become active in issues, whether global or local, is key to truly helping.

"We can do no great things; only small things with great love."
-Mother Teresa
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2005 :  11:12:20 AM  Show Profile
This sounds good, I was wondering about this movie.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Constant Gardener Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page