Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Valarie
Loveland Colorado
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  12:28:39 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

I need your help to find my faith in people again. I had to travel for my job just over 2 weeks ago and lost my jewelry bag somewhere between deplaning and the baggage claim in San Jose, CA. It contained 5 necklaces, 5 pendants and 2 bracelets. Some pieces were antique and some were 1 of a kind. I have done everything - filing reports with the airline and airport lost and found, the SJC police, posting on Craigs list, checking eBay, etc.....to no avail.

Any other ideas?

I know it is only material, but very sentimental and not likely to be replaced. Are there any honest people out there (besides us)?

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  06:10:05 AM  Show Profile
I will pray that the one who found it will turn it in for you. I know it's just a few material items, but they can have great emotional value. Don't give up on the world yet. Things can and do turn up from no where! Mommom
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  06:48:42 AM  Show Profile
I'm sooo sorry to hear that!! Someone just returned my hubby's wallet
-brought it by the house! Who knows- maybe someone out there IS looking for you!!! Hugs!I really hope its returned to you!

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  06:51:25 AM  Show Profile
I hope they are returned to you....you never know about folks. It could be that it hasn't been discovered yet. My mother lost her "wristlet" last summer at a garden center on Mother's Day, while taking my aunt to get flowers. It apparently fell under one of the displays and wasn't discovered for several weeks. They called her and sent it overnite mail.

I am sorry for the loss, and am hoping for the best.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  07:18:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry for your loss!

This is a true story from my town and a hotel I worked at:

A very wealthy Guest stayed at the hotel and while she puts on her makeup, she always takes off her wedding and several other diamond rings that she wears. She was in a great hurry as she had to catch a plane and already was running late. In her haste she didn't realize that she had left her rings behind. By the time she was settled and on her way- the plane was in the air (A little puddle jumper) no cell phones and no in flight calls. A few hours later, once she was on the ground and could make calls, she called the hotel explaining how she had left the rings on the counter and were they found? She had little hope as they were very expensive and could bring quite a lot of money if pawned or ebay'ed.
The Front Desk called housekeeping, but the housekeeper had seen no sign of the rings when she cleaned the room. The manager checked the room herself, but no rings were found. So maintenance dumpster dove, pulled out all the garbage and everyone sorted through the trash until they found the rings!

The lady must have bumped them off the counter as she rushed out to catch her plane!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

N Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

Marie
Seattle Washington
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

I was doing some shopping downtown (near Pike Place Market) and was getting into my Jeep. I was on 1st Ave, which isn't known for being a place where one can expect to find something one's lost or dropped... not exactly a nice area. Anyway, I was getting into my Jeep, arms brimming with bags and my jacket and my wallet, unloaded my things onto the passenger seat, then looked around for my wallet... and couldn't find it.

"Where's my wallet?!?!" I thought in a panic. Then I heard a man's voice behind me, "Is that yours?" He was standing about 5 feet behind me, pointing at the ground. I turned and looked. MY WALLET!!! Flushed with gratitude I snatched it up and repeatedly thanked the man. I was amazed that someone would be so honest downtown.

http://yarnfoodcoffee.typepad.com/
The Age of Discovery in a Nutshell:
-I claim this land in the name of England.
-You can't claim it, we live here!
-Do you have a flag?...

Edited by - N Marie on Apr 13 2008 12:51:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - May 05 2008 :  8:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1209525916199200.xml&coll=7

Valerie, I hope this story will help.... This is a true story of some great "sisterhood" sisters....

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185

" Plant goodness, harvest the fruit of loyalty, plow the new ground of knowledge. Hosea 10:12
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  12:39:45 PM  Show Profile
Last summer on the way to Williamsburg for our anniversary, DH and I got off the interstate near the richmond airport and grabbed a bite to eat at an Arby's. When we left, we stopped at a stop light and his seat belt was stuck in the door.(nothing valuable in it thank God) When he opened the door, aparently his wallet fell out. a month after our anniversary, someone called and said they found his wallet in the road! they mailed it back. There are good people out there still!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 06 2008 :  12:50:14 PM  Show Profile
We had something similar, Christine, and I forgot until I saw your post...my husband and his band rehearsed in a rather "ahem" rough part of Cincinnati, an old industrial section that noone frequents much except for criminal activity...Anyway, being my forgetful husband, he neglected to tell me that he'd lost his wallet somewhere (because he does it so frequently and it's usually in the car). About 3 weeks later, on the caller ID, there were about 10 calls from someone in a rural county, 2 counties away from us, a name I didn't recognize. So, I called him, thinking that if was an emergency, he was wasting his time calling the wrong number. Turns out, he worked in a sheet metal fabrication plant around the corner from the practice space, and found my husband's wallet under an old parked truck that day. He had his grandson "google" my husband for our phone.

The nice gentleman met my husband at the restaurant Jus worked at during the day, and Jus bought him lunch and gave him a $20.00 (because that's all he would accept) for gas and his trouble.

There are still good folks out there, don't give up hope!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  9:29:59 PM  Show Profile

Valarie, don't give up hope!!! One time I forgot my wallet in the shopping cart at the market and when I realized it and went back it was gone. I left my name, not really expecting to hear anything, but the market called the next day and someone had turned it in and all that was missing was maybe a dollar or two in change. The dollar bills were still in it!!!

Go to Top of Page

amyartgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

991 Posts

Amy
Junction City Ohio
USA
991 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  08:38:26 AM  Show Profile
Hang in there Valarie...hope that it will all be returned to ya safe and sound. When I was at a Sweet Adeline competition last year, I lost one of my rhinestone earrings after our performance on stage....luckly, after going to the lost and found at the hotel, Someone returned it, tho without the backing to it....I now had the main earing back in hand..good thing earring backs are inexpensive and easy to find. I still have a pencil eraser on the back of it so I don't lose it again.

Farmgirl Sister #21
Heart of Ohio Farmgirls

Proud member of Bees w/o Borders and ArtFuL SisTeRs

http://artfulheart.blogspot.com
http://farmgirltales.blogspot.com

Edited by - amyartgirl on Jun 18 2008 08:42:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

luvnlife
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Michele
Quincy WA
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  6:41:29 PM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear about your loss but maybe some good will come of it, even if you never know it in this lifetime. For instance, just today my dh and I were hauling a pick up load of hay home for my horses. Even though the bales were strapped down, we managed to lose 2 of the 20 bales. Upon arriving home and noticing the two empty spaces in the bed, we hurriedly unloaded the rest and rushed back down the road we came hoping to retrieve the hay. Needless to say, in the span of about half an hour, someone had came by on that usually quiet dirt road and picked them up. At first I was upset because hay is expensive now a days, then I was upset because we didn't strap the load down well enough but after I got over all that, I like to tell myself that somewhere, some critter is going to dine on some nice alfalfa hay compliments of me. I know my two hay bales and your pouch of precious jewelry are not comparable monitory wise, but if they don't get returned to you for your pleasure, maybe someone else is enjoying them who may not have the means to purchase jewelry like that themselves.
When life deals you lemons, make lemonade. It's easy to be resentful and think the worst but its refreshing to try to think positively.

Dance like no one is watching!
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  3:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Valarie, I hope you are reunited with your special treasures soon. I also have some pieces of jewelry and such that would make me devastated if stolen.

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  12:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
I had a purse that didn't have a zipper and apparently my wallet fell out in the parking lot of a pet store I went to as I was getting back in the car. When I realized later it was missing I was home and going frantic. I phoned all the stores I'd been to, called my credit card companies and notified the police. A couple hours later the phone rang. It was a lady from a nearby town who had been shopping with her hubby at the pet store and found my wallet laying in a parking spot. I was so relieved. Everything was in it. Nothing lost. I took them a big bouquet of flowers for their trouble and their honesty. Hopefully, someone will do the same for you. Good luck!!
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:41:03 PM  Show Profile
I was driving to work last week on the outer loop ( new circle ) and a bog black object came flying thru air --over 2 cars and hit front of my van . I Pulled off immediately to see if i had damage. turned out was a ladys purse with an I phone in it. I turned it over to police dept so they could get it back to owner. Rest of her purse was empty. She had probaly laid it on top her car / van and lost parts of it all over new circle rd . Least I got her Iphone back to whoever it was. Never got a thank you though :(

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/

Edited by - tribalcime on Sep 23 2008 3:43:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  5:23:45 PM  Show Profile
Thats really to bad Valerie. You may consider posting and add in some of the newspapers in the area of the airport. I see adds in our local paper with people looking for key or jewelry or the sort. Maybe the right person will see it. Praying everything turn's out well for you.
Go to Top of Page

JILLSEWSIT
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

JILL
RACINE WI
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  6:38:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Someone out there has very bad karma. You will receie something
from your guardian angels to help with your feelings of loss. I believe.
Do get in touch with not only the airport lost luggage, and the national one.
Goto Google to find one.
Contact police in person again w/ descriptions of jewelry. Talk face to face
to someone with power to make decisions...getthings done.
Talk to director of security at airport; they must have footage of many locations.
Be persistent. Someone will be good enough to go thru security camera footage.
The police have resources for victims of crime.
It is a crime. Hire no one. You'd be out $, too.
Pray for some insight and listen for an answer.
Good luck.
Jillsewsit

Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  1:22:57 PM  Show Profile
YOUR IN MY THOUGHTS....