Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Photos of my kitchen (caution: STUFF :))!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Photos of my kitchen (caution: STUFF :))!!!! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  05:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Miss Wilma! When/where is Burlington? What's going on there? I'm game for any new adventure! :D And I have over 200 varieties of daylilies. I'm not sure what's up yet, but they should all be showing their little heads within the next month. I'd be happy to bring a box along. This sounds like a fun idea - moving Mr. Boone to Jonni's house, plant exchange, trip to Burlington(I hope it's an antique show...;). Would lunch be in there somewhere??? I get hungry after shopping/telling men how to move furniture.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  05:48:48 AM  Show Profile
heee heee! That totally made me laugh! Yes of course there would be lunch....also pie (homemade Sweet Potato!)...

Burlington is one of the biggest Antique shows in this region, held on the 2nd (or 3rd?) weekend April through October, I believe. They begin at 5 am (if you're game...but if not, doors open at 8). If I'm not mistaken, Miss Wilma will have her booth there, and her doll babies, and her lovely stuff (if she hasn't sold it all already!!!)

It would be SUPER FABULOUS if you would come, Janice. I would absolutely fall over if we could all get together and do something we all love to do. I could learn from the masters!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  06:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Well, girl, I didn't mean that YOU would have to fix lunch(although Sweet Potato Pie does happen to be David's favorite pie). If we're shopping and moving, etc. we could go somewhere for lunch. So this fun deal happens every month???? I've been working waaaayyy to hard the past few years. And I still don't have a clue where Burlington is???? Every time I say it outloud, I think of 'Burlington Coat Factory' LOL! :D

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  06:19:43 AM  Show Profile
Well, I planned on making a pie anyway for Sterl (and of COURSE, David!). My recipe is from the 1870's or so, my nanny's "mammy's mom's recipe (if you can follow:))....
But yes, yes, yes, every month! Burlington is just about 4 miles east of Florence, Kentucky, on Route 18...and after you go through Burlington, you can go to the Dinsmore and of course, my favorite, Rabbit Hash! It's all on the same jaunt :)

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  07:05:31 AM  Show Profile
charming! your kitchen is adorable and charming....so warm and inviting, like a step back in time. i collect red-handled kitchen gadgets....love the red-handled rolling pin and egg beater....and the flour sifter and the old tin cake cover. have a happy day!! sue
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  07:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Sue :)...I really love red, as you may be able to tell :). I'd love to see some of your kitchen gadgets, too! The rolling pin was my Great Gran's (and still in use) and I love that old egg beater. My Great Aunt was quite a cook and her kitchen was full of nifty things. The Better Homes cookbook was hers from when she first married. It has a date of 1953 inside. It has some GREAT basics in there!!!

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2008 :  07:58:05 AM  Show Profile
Very sweet, so warm and inviting. I love old kitchenware. Your flour sifter is the sweetest! Thanks for sharing you sweet abode! I think we should have a decorating forum where we all share our homes.

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Photos of my kitchen (caution: STUFF :))!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page