Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic We were burglarized!!! Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  10:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
But we are ok. Yesterday was Charlie's second birthday, so we went to his daycare to have some cupcakes I bought. We came home and found the screen door ripped off the patio. The glass door was open because it was hot here and Chloe was still here. The screen door was locked, so they had to work pretty hard. Well, good old Chloe came to the rescue. You can see the footprint where they quickly jumped over the patio fence. When confronted with an 85lb boxer, I would be agile too!!!

They didn't take anything, thank goodness. But, when I saw the patio door off my first thought was "where is the dog? Did they take the computers?" Really, outside of my family and a few pictures, they could have taken anything else. We also have alot of boxed packed and sitting in the living room, so we wonder if they have been watching us or just happened by (I think it is someone who has been watching us..I will share that story later) My computer has my life on it and it is backed up and God forbid they hurt my dog, I would hunt them down!! It really has put things in perspective!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  11:00:46 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
OH GEEZ Heather, thank goodness you guys weren't there...yay for Chloe, extra treats for her :-p hehe I hope you reported this to the police and have a paper trail behind it. Glad you all are ok and nothing is missing! xoxo

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirlslonggreen.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  11:01:44 AM  Show Profile
(Hugs)

So sorry to hear this happened to you, but releived to hear no one was hurt, and nothing is missing.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  11:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
So glad no one was hurt, Heather and that Chloe wasn't harmed by those idiots. Did you tell the police if you have an idea that someone might be watching you?

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  11:13:55 AM  Show Profile
Good for Chloe! So glad she was there to scare them off. I swear, a good dog is better than any electronic-type burglar alarm; boxers are very good at home defense. I'm glad all is well. Well, except for your screen door.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Peanut
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jennifer
Waverly Virginia
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  11:29:44 AM  Show Profile
How scary! I'm glad everything turned out ok.

My blog: http://thecottonwife.wordpress.com/

"What is a farm but a mute gospel?"
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  11:34:18 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Everything is good and we leave here Saturday for Texas!! Chloe keeps sucking up and reminding me how good she is- believe me, she got half a prime rib last night and some of my mashed potatoes.

Manangement here stinks and they keep saying it wasn't burglars. I hate this place and put a bad review on their website and yahoo. The screen is pretty bent but that is their problem, not mine.

Police are typical around here. I swear it is California thing, they acted like they didn't care. I just want to get out of here!!

On to Texas...

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  1:54:10 PM  Show Profile
Ohh, Heather, I'm sorry to hear this. But what a great dog you have! This is really a shame that noone seems to care about the circumstances, I hope everything turns out ok

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  2:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
They have had multiple car break ins and now are labeling ours as "workers" were painting around the patio and (a LOCKED screen door that was bent in half) all from it being knocked off its track. Whatever!! I told them they are liars, they are cheating good people out of their money on rent (We pay almost $1500 a month!!! and their are alot of military people in here) and that this whole company stinks. They are owned by AIMCO, so if ya'll ever see that, run!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  2:24:01 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry to hear your home was burglarized. What a great dog! Chloe sure earned that prime rib! Thank God you weren't home. You must be so glad to be moving to Texas and leaving all this behind. $1500 a minth OMG! I hope you find just what you love for a lot less in Texas.

Hugs MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  2:47:42 PM  Show Profile
Yay for Chloe for saving the day! I'm sorry it happened though. That's awful. Bet you cannot wait to be gine from there.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  3:25:47 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yep- $1500 is a LOW price for here in California- I honestly don't know how people make it out here. We are going to renting in Texas, with the added bedroom and square footage and it is only a little under $1200 a month. The price is higher because of Chloe- we have to pay extra. I don't mind and I am back in Texas. We plan to save for a down payment on a house. We are going to start looking next January. I am tired of apartment living...

I hate to say it, but the police around here are particularly lazy. We live in a school zone and when the lights are blinking, the speed is 25 mph. Every morning when I take Charlie to daycare, they are speeding through there. And I have seen cops right in the group of drivers, cruising along with no regards to the children walking down the sidewalks. We called, complained, emailed and still nothing. It honestly with take a child being hit or worse, killed, before someone actually does something. California traffic is the pits!!! : (

Anywho, I got most of the house pack up and we pile a bunch of boxes right in front of the patio door, leaving only enough room to get out in an emergency. Cloe is laying right behind those boxes- just let them try again!!!

Off to pack!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  3:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am so glad you have a good dog! That is one of the reasons why I will never be without a dog that is big enough to scare someone. Sky is the biggest softy in the world, but you wouldn't want to break in with her barking on the other side of the door!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our new blog:
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  3:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Chloe is on the alert today. Usually, she is pretty mellow in the house, unless someone knocks or rings the door bell, but she is posted by that back door, waiting....grrrrr!!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

napafarmhouse1885
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

diane
napa ca
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  3:55:24 PM  Show Profile
yeah for chloe...dogs are terrific. sorry your experience in california was so bad...as a native californian..please know..we are not all bad!! best of luck in texas..austin is one of my favorite places in the world. glad you are all safe...

napa farmhouse 1885

best,
napafarmhouse1885
www.napafarmhouse1885.blogspot.com

"Whatever you can do or dream, begin it"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Napafarm...I love ya...just the majority are silly out here!!! Thank you...

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  4:24:06 PM  Show Profile
Oooh, $1500! That is more than what I pay, and I live in New York!

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com
www.pumpkinpatchparlor.etsy.com

And Blogs:
agriculture: www.bigtownfarmer.blogspot.com
art: www.queenofcrows.blogspot.com
animals: www.big-luv.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  5:17:01 PM  Show Profile
Wow, close call Heather! Glad all is well and waht a wonderful guard dog you have! Bet Chloe gets a big T-bone for dinner with a lot of meat left on it!!!

Hugs, Maryjane Lee
Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  5:18:05 PM  Show Profile
good grief! so glad you are all o.k.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

777 Posts

Lea
TN
777 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  7:41:00 PM  Show Profile
So glad that everyone is well and that Chloe saved the day! I couldn't help but smile when I read about her prime rib. Well deserved ~ she earned every tasty morsel!

Blessings, Lea
www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com
www.farmhouseblessings.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  8:23:51 PM  Show Profile
oooh! That's weird to think you may have been "stalked" until they broke in. That kind of stuff just creeps me out. And then to think that they were planning it all out..ugh, Im so glad you guys are safe and sound.

Check out my latest projects and all the news from my chaotic little world!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  8:31:19 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, I was kinda creeped about that too as I am in and out all day, depending on school, errands, just hanging out, taking Charlie here and there. Sometimes I take Chloe with me and just go down to the beach- I am really glad she was here. Even though we are moving, I freaked out thinking about them touching things like my food or using my bathroom. Icky!!!

Life rolls on!!!

Cheers,
Heather

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic We were burglarized!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page