Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 How are you celebrating Easter with your kids?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic How are you celebrating Easter with your kids? Next Topic  

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  08:47:17 AM  Show Profile
This is the first Easter that Abby is big enough to really do anything for Easter. I wrote a very simple version of the Easter story and made a few little handmade visuals(pics on my blog: ) to go along with the story. I made little bags to put each visuals in and we are going to let her hunt around the yard and find them, then we'll go inside and open each one according to the story. Of COURSE she will get some candy and pther goddies too, and we are going to cook a big Easter feast and have the whole family over. I was just curious how some of you are celebrating with your little ones on Easter...

Check out my latest projects and all the news from my chaotic little world!

http://pumpkinseed-unscripted.blogspot.com/

Edited by - 22shortie on Mar 22 2008 08:55:47 AM

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  09:06:43 AM  Show Profile
This may seem strange to y'all but we decided to celebrate Easter in April. We have all been soooo sick here with stomach flu, then I got sick then one of the boys developed a bad ear infected with a perferated ear drum, and jeff's broken ankle that I didn't even realize that Easter was tomorrow until 5 days ago.. By then it was too late to do anything as I had already spent this months grocery monies. We are on a special diet so there isn't even any special holiday foods in the house. As Christians this is the most important holidays of the year for us. So we don't want to just let it go by.. So we decided as a family to celebrate Easter next month the week before Passover. We have never done the whole basket thing.. Always a gift that was for the whole family and a special small treat for each of the children.. and a special meal..

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  10:26:10 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah - I think your idea sounds great. She will love doing that. We have alwyas done something similar....

We always have a scavenger hunt that coincides with the egg hunt. I leave clues that rhyme all around the house and yard, each clue leading to a treat and another clue. By the time each one follows their own clues, and has also hunted the eggs, the baskets are full of goodies and gifts. I have hidden stuff in the trunk of my car, in the attic, under the house, inside the washing machine and dryer, and I am running out of places that have never been discovered!!!! Last year I even left a clue taped to the underside of the dining room table. My daughter is grown up now, but brings her two little ones and her hubby, and we all track down the clues together. It is fun, and you can use scripture and stories of Jesus as part of the clues you write.

Then we are having crockpot turkey, sweet potatoes, salad, biscuits, and mint chocolate chip ice cream pie.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Mar 22 2008 10:27:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  10:28:41 AM  Show Profile
that sounds like fun

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magorium..
http://myvintagehome.blogspot.com
http://woolieacres.net
Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2008 :  3:14:25 PM  Show Profile
mmm.... mint choco chip pie????? What time will lunch be served...I JUST might be able to make it : )
Your Easter celebration sounds like a blast! You're a wonderful grammy to still host the egg hunt! This year my mom and dad and my yougest brother are comming to our house ( we just bought our first home about six months ago) and we will eat and eat some more and then watch abby do her little treasure hunt..should be lots of fun! I can't wait!

Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  08:29:23 AM  Show Profile
My babies are 11 and 17. We still hide the fill-able eggs. Only instead of candy, we throw money in it.
(We had a mishap with a forgotten egg, and the dog and Dove chocolates one year)

And I got them a chocolate bunny. Gotta have one of those.

Usually, I go to church, but lately, I havent been motivated to do that, so I catch it on tv instead.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  09:17:34 AM  Show Profile
There will be a plate for you, Rebekah, and will save some pie! I think down our way, we will have a sunny day, don't you? So far it is anyway. Just got back from church. We went to church with our kids. SIL is a children's pastor. Hubby and I go to another church we have attended for 30 years, but I love to worship with our family.

Now back to the kitchen.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

22shortie
True Blue Farmgirl

329 Posts

rebekah
sulphur la
USA
329 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  1:44:12 PM  Show Profile
Well Jeanie, I JUST got out of the kitchen. I had my mom and dad and my grandma and my little brother over and I thikn we used all 75 dishes I own! : ) I kinda had my head in the clouds the past few days so It's a miracle that I actually got food on the table ( with help from mom and mawmaw) BUT I forgot the rice! We eat rice and gravy with EVRYTHING and I dont know how I forgot that of all things. Anyway, it turned out nice and Abby had so much fun with her easter treasure hunt. OH! I almost forgot ( how could I?) This is the first Sunday EVER in her whole life that Abby sat still in church and colored and read books quietly! I was SO proud of her! We have been working on "obeying" and I think she has got the message(finally?).
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Oh and KATE! Church on TV counts too! I hope your Easter was blessed and full of smiles!

Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic How are you celebrating Easter with your kids? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page