Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Tragic fire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Tragic fire Next Topic  

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  10:59:20 PM  Show Profile
I don't know if you've heard about it yet, but in Chehalis, county seat of Lewis County - (the county devastated by the floods in Dec.) the Eagles lodge, which was housing the supplies, furniture, etc. for the flood victims, burned down today. It was a total loss according to the news. Apparently, the only human casualty was one firefighter having minor injuries, but now the drive to collect all the household goods for the flood victims must start over again. I know we haven't talked much about it on the forum in the past few months, but a lot of people are just now getting back into their homes after they had to be gutted and the whole interior replaced and some people still are homeless. One lady on the news said she had just moved back into her house last night. Anyway, please say a prayer for not only the victims in this latest tragedy, but also the volunteers who have worked so hard to collect all these goods, only to see them go up in smoke today. Here's a link to the story
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_031808WAB_chehalis_elks_lodge_fire_TP.1c345f1.html

On a personal note, I had a lump in my throat watching that building burn up. That is the building in which my accordian band was held every week when I was a young child. My dad and I never did much together, but that was one thing we shared - he was the leader of the "beginner band" and always took me there for my band and stayed to watch. Not tragic - but kinda sad and brings back memories....

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba

Edited by - mikesgirl on Mar 18 2008 11:03:31 PM

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  06:44:00 AM  Show Profile
Oh man....I am so sorry....

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars,or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." Helen Keller
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  07:33:12 AM  Show Profile
It's like you want to say, "what's next". Even all the paperwork was lost. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  07:38:47 AM  Show Profile
Oh gosh. I don't even know what to say, Sherri. It's a total loss, then? I'm so sorry for the loss of all the time and effort and supplies, not to mention a historical building that held memories for the town, including you. I have to think there's something better on the horizon, I'd just really have to.

Farmgirl Sister #80, thanks to a very special farmgirl from the Bluegrass..."She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
http://www.buyhandmade.org/
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Tragic fire Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page